Monday, December 23, 2019

Best of 2019 - #8

One thing that is really great about Integrity Toys is that the designers really do listen to the collectors.  It was a very wise move to take a mold that collectors liked and give it a new character.  Vanessa Perrin mold 2.0 was turned into the third Perrin sister in 2019, and collectors received two outstanding versions.

The second version was one of the Spring Capsule, three doll, NuFace "Basic" collection.  She was called "My Love".   Fans love this version!  (She was purchase #55 of 2019 in my collection.)

I have already blogged about the other version:  Beyond This Planet Violaine Perrin.  This doll was received in 2019, but many collectors had problems with their production dolls; the foreheads were too high on most of them.  Even with the replacement heads with better hairlines, the gray sclera was just too gray with the pale blue eyes.  A lot of collectors wanted to love this doll but just couldn't.  I didn't find my love until I repainted the sclera on mine.

I like the extra rings in the ears and the one in the nose.  I even like the navy blue lips!  Best of 2019 - #8 would be Violaine Perrin, and I chose Beyond This Planet to represent the mold!

No comments: