Sunday, December 24, 2023

Best of 2023 - Number 7

It has become a "norm" with Integrity Toys (IT) that dolls are often previewed in one calendar year but not received by collectors until some time the following one.  I do not include a doll in my countdown unless it is physically in my collection.  We all know a lot can go terribly wrong (or terribly right) between a promotional photo and the production of a doll.

One reason the IT Poppy Parker line is so popular is that designer, David Buttry, really knows how to pump out some fantastic versions of a doll.  It is hard to believe that we are coming up on the 15th anniversary of this character and it is only becoming more and more popular.

Over a dozen versions of Poppy Parker made their way into collections in 2023.  There were some truly extraordinary examples, including the Jason Wu Spring 2021 Collection that jumped directly to grail status.  The one that stood out for me though was a doll that I didn't think I would like.  Since I foolishly passed on this doll when promoted, I had to find her on secondary market.  She entered my 2023 Collecting Cycle as Number 16 and was reviewed here: Golden Glow Poppy Parker Review.

She is my very favorite version of Poppy Parker that entered my collection in 2023 and transcends the original storyline.  She is just so sensuous and can look quite modern when redressed - even with that outrageous hairstyle!  Here she is wearing an ensemble by favorite independent designer of 2023, Van Oscar.  (I purchased so many items from him in 2023, and I love every single one of them.)

Number 7 of 2023 for me is Golden Glow Poppy Parker!



1 comment: