Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Best of 2023 - Number 6

When I was putting together my Best of 2023 Top 10 list, I spent a lot of time considering which 12" dolls truly represented the most versatile, beautiful examples across the different lines that I collect.  I wanted to include an example from the East 59th Street Line (Number 10's Aloha Waikiki Victoire Roux) and Trending Tulabelle True was an excellent choice for The Industry (Number 9).  But Numbers 4 - 8 kept changing order.   These five dolls are equally impressive and it wasn't easy to choose which place to put each of them.  Poppy Parker finally wound up at Number 7.

Since Jessy Ayala joined the design team at Integrity Toys, my NuFace collection became a serious addiction; however, I do not find myself a fan of this "Moments" direction of producing variations of previously released dolls.   I decided I was not going to include any of these in my countdown because they are based on something we already have.  So, there will be no Print It Pink, Poetic Interlude, Naturally Cool, or Billion Dollar Beauty in my countdown.    Even though Wrath Erin Salston from the 7 Deadly Sins has caused such a fever with collectors, she doesn't appeal to me personally, so some of you will be surprised that she, also, is not on my countdown.

From the other Nuface dolls received by collectors in 2023, there was a true stand out version in my opinion.   This doll was originally promoted to collectors in 2021, but Integrity Toys was unable to get the production and shipment of the dolls completed until 2023.   The NuClassic Lilith Blair represents everything I love about NuFace dolls.  She is so sassy!  I love the hair style and the ensemble is one of the best designed and constructed ensembles I've received from Integrity Toys in a long time.  

Best of 2023 - Number 6 is Integrity Toys NuFace The NuClassic Lilith Blair.



No comments: