Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Best of 2018 - #10 Faces of Adele

There have been a lot of delays with Integrity Toys (IT) production recently.   It seems that many dolls announced in one year aren't shipped to consumers until the subsequent year.   I only include dolls in my countdowns that I have in hand.  In my years of collecting, I've come to realize that a lot can change between promo photos and actual production.  

The first "doll" on my countdown was a W Club Exclusive from 2017 but was received in mid 2018.   It was an extraordinary giftset highlighting the changes in the Adele Makeda character and included each of her three molds versions.  Here is the link to my initial review Faces of Adele Blog Review.

The giftset included a lot of great items for collectors, and a W Club member could order the additional bodies to go with the torsos.  I got so much enjoyment and play with this giftset!  The giftset alone is enough reason to be included in the Top 10 of 2018.  The dress and thigh high boots have been worn by just about every FR2/NuFace2 doll residing here.  The gown is good quality, but I'm not fond of the cut.  The lingerie is pretty is awesome.  The whole concept was "outside the box" and very appreciated by collectors.

Mold 1.0 had flocked hair for the very first time.  She has donned many different wigs around here.  She is the only version of mold 1.0 here and I enjoy redressing her. 
Mold 2.0 looks like Beyonce every time she is produced with golden hair.   How can you resist such a face?
Mold 3.0 was produced with a NuFace2 body and I think it suits her to be a "younger" version of Adele.  
The dolls have incredible faces and each is worthy of sharing the spotlight.  #10 of 2018 is Faces of Adele Giftset.

No comments: