Sunday, December 30, 2018

Best of 2018 - East 59th Street/Victoire Roux - A Year in Review

I have been a tremendous fan of the Victoire Roux line since its introduction in 2011.  I LOVE the vintage clothing styles.  I love the body and how it can wear Vintage Barbie and the oldest Integrity Toys (IT) ensembles, even the pants.  Here is Avenue George V wearing the Mattel Christian Dior Walking Suit.
And here is Faubourg St. Honore wearing Vintage Barbie Saturday Matinee.
St.  Tropez is wearing the IT Lustrous Silhouette gown from 2005.   The length still works!
I actually own eleven versions of Victoire Roux and have the newest on pre-order.   She is due to arrive in early 2019.  I was very excited that she was returning after a four year hiatus.

NOTE: From this point on, I only include photos of dolls that either joined my collection in 2018 or were actually shipped to consumers in 2018.

Convention attendees were able to purchase a version this year, Divine Evening. (Photo property of Integrity Toys)
There have been so many beautiful dolls this year, Divine Evening was not a "must have" for me.

While Victoire was "getting work done", IT introduced a supporting line called East 59th Street in 2017 which gave us two additional characters to the Victoire line, Constance Madssen and Evelyn Weaverton.  I purchased one of each that year and was very pleased with my choices.  I reviewed this line; here is the link East 59th Street 2017

In 2018, I played "catch up" and purchased Wicked Glamour Constance Madssen from the 2017 Fairytale Convention.
I just couldn't live without that gorgeous purple cocktail dress and she was selling very reasonably on secondary market (and still is if you can catch one!).  Additionally, I needed her to go with Midnight Glimmer Evelyn Weaverton which W Club members were allowed to purchase following the 2017 Fairytale Convention.  She didn't arrive until 2018.
In 2018, The Cocktails Collection was released and introduced us to a male character named Laird Drake wearing Cocktails for Men.  (Photo by Integrity Toys)
Another female character was introduced later in the year named Aurelia Gray, the first black character in the Victoire Roux/East 59th Street line.  She will not be shipped until 2019.  The other dolls from the The Cocktail Collection that I did not purchase were Mai Tai Sizzle Constance Madssen.  (Photo by Integrity Toys).  She also came a cute yellow shorts/jacket combination.
And Turquoise Sparkler Evelyn Weaverton.
For some reason, I think of Evelyn Weaverton and Constance Madssen as twinsies.  They always show up in pairs in my collection!  The two I ordered from this collection were The Americano Evelyn Weaverton.
And Tangier Tangerine Constance Madssen.
The only reason I purchased these two dolls were I took a chance on an eBay seller that was selling them for $80 each, NRFB.  I thought it was gimmick, but they arrived in perfect condition.  Great deal on some beautiful dolls!

... So who is the Best Victoire Roux/East 59th Street of 2018?  I have been completely smitten with Tangier Tangerine Constance Madssen.  Here she redressed with a change in her hair.
And representing Doll #18 of 2018 wearing Mattel's Fabulous Forties ensemble.
Definitely a Best of 2018 doll.  Tangier Tangerine is gorgeous!




No comments: