Thursday, December 21, 2023

Let The Countdown Begin - Best of 2023 Number 10

I can really appreciate the endless hours dedicated by designers to producing dolls for their collectors, so I decided to try and recognize as many individuals in this countdown as possible.  

I have been collecting Victoire Roux since the line debuted in 2011.  It appeals to the vintage side of my aesthetic.  Not only that, these dolls still have a shape to model pre-FR2 clothing beautifully, especially clothing from 2002-2005 since they have the shorter limbs.

I was skeptical when Integrity Toys (IT) announced that there would be a mold change for the Victoire character when the line switched over to being called East 59th Street and other characters were added.  It turns out this new mold is one of my favorites of all IT dolls across all lines.

In 2023, IT designer Chris Stoekel gave collectors "The Adornments Collection" with five beautiful dolls, including a new caucasian male friend.  The prices remained the same since 2020.  Although my overall favorite of this line was Enchanting in Amethyst Aurelia Gray, my favorite ensemble was Twilight in Blue Topaz.   My favorite East 59th Street doll was the Basics Aloha Waikiki Victoire Roux that was announced in 2022 but shipped to collectors in 2023.   So combine the two and get my Best of 2023 - Number 10.

Here is a full length of Aloha Waikiki wearing Twilight in Blue Topaz.  I changed out the jewelry because I preferred silver to match the dress threading.  You can see why other designers ask Chris for advice with patterning.  He has such an understanding of scale in this size.  


Such a beautiful doll in a beautiful dress representing East 59th Street as the Best of 2023 - Number 10: 




No comments: