Sunday, March 27, 2022

Doll Collection Cycle 2022 - Numbers 7, 8, and 9

The best time to purchase this year's convention dolls was during or immediately after the Virtual Convention.  There were 1300 ticket holders which made the dolls more readily available.  Many collectors were disappointed in the designers interpretations of the theme "Obsession", so several of these dolls were being sold at close to original retail price.  This all changed when the dolls showed up post convention and collectors started photographing them.

One of the dolls that most benefitted from post production photography was Chain of Command Natalia Fatale (although she stills seems a "sleeper" from the convention).   A lot of the Integrity dealers get tickets and convention collections.  They often sell their dolls for a modest markup.   I recently saw several convention dolls listed on a dealer's website and couldn't resist the prices.   After seeing photos of Chain of Command on flickr and the W Club and realizing I did not own a FR2-FR6.0 Natalia with dark hair, I went for it.

Here is a closeup in the box.  

When I look at the fully dressed doll, I can't help but hear the judges of Project Runway saying, "This is beginning to look like a costume".  


Chain of Command Natalia Fatale comes with a lot of interesting accessories.  I'm not sure about white shoes with this ensemble though.  I would've chosen to use black shoes, but I wouldn't be considered a "fashionista" by anyone I know.  Here is Integrity's photo of the accessories.

Here is a closeup showing those beautiful eyes.


Since I'm not a big fan of this ensemble, I started looking for something more casual.  Here is a photo her wearing Main Event Adele Makeda's skirt and blouse from the 2012 Tropicalia Convention.


Number 7 of 2022 is Chain of Command Natalia Fatale.  I just have to work a little more with her hair and find her "personality".

When I purchased Chain of Command, I rationalized that I was buying these dolls without having to pay sales tax (which is required on e-bay).  This made them even even less expensive than going secondary markup prices.  And the more dolls I purchased, the less shipping per item!  Also, since I was purchasing from a dealer, I was helping a legitimate small business owner.  Or maybe, it's just been this doll drought.  It was probably a combination of all these things, because I couldn't resist purchasing two more.

Number 8 of 2022 is Vendetta Agnes Von Weiss.  It's hard to go wrong with the purchase of Agnes Von Weiss.  Her mold is one of the most popular for Integrity Toys.  Her secondary market prices always climb.  Here is a photo by Integrity Toys.


Here is a closeup of the actual doll in the box.


My final purchase from this dealer is Number 9 of 2022, Belle Mariee Poppy Parker.  I tried to talk myself out of this doll several times but finally caved.  The Integrity Toys promo photo.


And a closeup of the actual production doll in the box.


Even though I've not released Vendetta or Belle Mariee from their boxes yet, I wanted to make sure I posted their additions to my collection to keep myself honest.  I think all three are lovely dolls in their own right.  The biggest surprise for me was Belle Mariee Poppy Parker; she's actually quite extraordinary!

  

No comments: