Thursday, March 31, 2022

Doll Collection Cycle 2022 - Number 10 Alluring Poppy Parker

My biggest complaint about virtual conventions is relying upon photos of dolls to make purchase decisions.   Lighting, cameras, software all play a part in the finished picture.  The buyer has to have a creative imagination to see beyond the presented images.  This has never been more apparent than the 2021 Obsession Convention.

After the convention, there were some very specific preferences among collectors.   Surprisingly, after the actual production dolls were shipped to collectors, the favorites quickly began shifting.

I remember how collectors were so excited about the Poppy Parker Style Lab and Gorgeous was on the top of so many lists.  That promo photo was amazing.

I threw caution to the wind and purchased this doll at secondary markup, fearing her price would only climb.   She was the second doll to arrive in my collection this year.  Here is the link to my blog review:    Review of Gorgeous Poppy Parker.

The production Gorgeous looks nothing like the promo.  The skin tone is very different as is the hair.  Although Gorgeous is a nice doll, I'm not sure I would've purchased her based on actual photos.  Her prices have fallen drastically over the past few weeks.  

On the other hand, Alluring Poppy Parker was running in the middle of the pack.  She looked nice but IT has produced several versions of Poppy Parker with long, straight red hair.  Although she was on my radar ... she wasn't a "must have".  Here is IT's promo photo.

She seems a little lifeless in this photo - her eyes look rather blank.  Then photos started appearing from collectors. I lost all resolve and was offered one at a very nice price I couldn't turn down.  


Although her head didn't perfectly match her body, she is still very beautiful.  I changed her to a FR white body.  Number 10 of 2022 is Alluring Poppy Parker.

No comments: