Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Best of 2020 - Number 2: Petite Robe Classique Jour Adele Makeda (mold 2.0)

I need to begin this post by stressing that I have been struggling with my top 2 decision all day.  I love each of these dolls for various reasons.  My Number 2 doll was just barely edged out of first place, which I will explain in my next post.

One of the perks of joining the W Club is the opportunity to purchase dolls offered exclusively to members.  Starting in 2015, Integrity Toys (IT) has partnered with the W Club to offer a special "upgrade" doll(s) for their annual convention.   If the member has purchased a convention registration, they get a discount on the cost.  The dolls are usually offered in the form of sketches to keep the actual production dolls as secret as possible.

This year, the W Club offered two dolls as reimaginations of the 2004 La Petite Robe Noire and La Petite Robe Blanche (Little Black Dress and Little White Dress).  I gave a mini-review of these dolls when I wrote a recap of the Legendary Convention: Legendary Convention Souvenir Dolls

Petite Robe Classique Jour (Little Classic Day Dress) Adele Makeda, mold 2.0, became an instant success.   Here she is in the box:

Adele Makeda (mold 2.0) is my second most favorite doll mold produced by IT.  Counting Petite Robe Classique Jour, there are 20 versions of her living here!

It is rare for a W Club Upgrade Exclusive to "steal the show" at a convention, but there is little doubt this doll was perfect from head to toe.

What an incredible screening!  The hairstyle is amazing. 

My very favorite FR doll of the past year.  She is number 36 added to my collection in 2020.  Best of 2020 - Number 2:  Petite Robe Classique Jour Adele Makeda.






No comments: