Sunday, December 31, 2017

Well, Hello Mattel!

As a collector who redresses my dolls, I get very excited when I find an inexpensive way to add to my dolls' closets.  Since Integrity Toys doesn't release clothing packs and Mattel has turned to throwing glitter on everything, I've had to use on-line clothiers such as Clear Lan to stock my dolls' wardrobes.

I got downright giddy recently when Mattel released its newest clothing pieces.  It appears Barbie has just returned with a vengeance!  Here is one of the $5.00 complete ensembles.  (I don't know what the names of these individual paks are, so please excuse the absence.)
There is a knit crop top and matching skirt.  There are some very cool sunglasses but no shoes.  Here is what it looks like on the older NuFace body compliments of a frankendolly.
It looks like she is coming back from holiday in a warmer climate!

In addition to the regular Mattel Barbie line, Mattel has joined forces with Hello Kitty again.  Here is one of the dresses ...
And another Frankendolly.  This time I took a Fashionista from a Model Muse body and put her on a Mattel articulated body.
Aren't those sunglasses just the most!  And I love the clear plastic purse, even if you can't open it!  Again, another $5.00 ensemble.

Even more impressive than the complete ensembles, there are the little individual paks which sell for $2.44.  I have tried these on different body types to show fit.

First up is a pink Hello Kitty top with a newer Barbie knit skirt.
And here is Wild Think Poppy Parker from 2014.  (I added the running pants, Doc Martins, and skull cap to make the ensemble a little more street edgy.)  What do you think?
Let's see if we have anything that will fit the NuFace 2 dolls?  What about this red Hello Kitty blouse and a knit Mattel skirt?
Just add a belt and voila!  The model is Be Daring Imogen from 2016.

In addition, I got extravagant and spent $8 on a Mattel mix n match set.
I purchased this for the rose t-shirt (oh yeah! we'll get some mileage out of this one!) and the red skirt.  The big surprise was how much I liked the plaid dress once it was on a doll.  Here is The Industry's Liu Liu modeling it.
It fits very well and looks super cute on.  I may add some tights and boots.

At this point, I realized I had tried items on almost all body types.  I wondered if my FR2 women could get away with one of these looks.  I wanted to try that red pleather skirt on someone, so I reached for Coquette Jordan Duval.  I decided to add a "Hello Kitty" blouse.  It is urban and different.
This is only a sampling of what is currently being offered in the Barbie aisle at the local Walmart.  I assume these items will sell out quickly because they are so appealing.  I know scalpers are already trying to profit from their sale on e-bay.  If you find any of these interesting, you may want to check it out the next time you're near Wally World.










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All outfits are great! I hope to see them in our stores soon too, there are a few I would love to have! My favorite is the striped ensemble :-).

Anonymous said...

How do they look from the back? I bought a similar red leather-looking skirt and was disappointed to find the back half was a stretch knit fabric panel, it looked terrible on the doll. I've also purchased several stretch knit dresses from Mattel that are only patterned/decorated on the front panel and completely blank on the back panel. Are these clothes blank in the back? Your photos are nice but I can't see the backs at all.