Saturday, March 19, 2022

Playing Around and An Unexpected Outcome ...

I had every intention of being very selective with my purchases of secondary market dolls from the Integrity Toys (IT) Obsession Convention.   One of the dolls that I wasn't going to purchase was En Pointe Violaine Perrin.  (Photo by IT)

I had just received A Fashionable Legacy Violaine - a doll that I actually like a lot but reminds me a great deal of A Fabulous Life Rayna Ahmadi.  En Pointe also looks a lot like her sister Sweet Smell of Success Veronique Perrin - another doll that I already own and like.  Finally, one of my favorite versions of this mold is 2013's Funny Face, Let's Kiss And Make Up.  Here is a collage of the four.

Even though I was at peace about not purchasing En Pointe, I kept being seduced by the ensemble.  When someone offered it at a very reasonable price, I just couldn't resist.  

A "sleeper" for me last year was Such A Gem Dania Zarr.  I've always been fan of this character mold and was looking forward to her arrival.  Unfortunately, she looked so matronly for some reason; I referred to her as Mrs. Danvers from the 1940 movie Rebecca.  I took her out recently and tried a change of ensemble but still wasn't pleased with the result.  When En Pointe arrived, I was considering different dolls to try on this outfit.  Mrs. Danvers just happened to be out of the display cabinet already, so I thought, "What will it hurt?"


I never thought something as simple as a change of ensemble could make me appreciate a doll so much!  And was I ever surprised by the clothing choice that made me love her!  I think I have found a "forever" ensemble for Such A Gem Dania Zarr.





1 comment:

Janell H. said...

It's so funny how one outfit can transform a doll!