Sunday, April 18, 2021

Not So Basic - #11 of 2021 Natural High Lilith Blair

First, I need to point out that one of my very favorite NuFace dolls is Natural Wonder Rayna Ahmadi, which used the Hungarian skin tone with Dark Brown Hair and Brown Eyes.  Was Integrity Toys (IT) designer, Jessy Ayala, giving a nod to Rayna when he named his newest creation, Natural High Lilith Blair, Light Honey skin tone with Dark Brown Hair and Brown Eyes?  This Lilith has truly jumped straight to the head of the class in my NuFace collection and right up there with Rayna.

Natural High Lilith Blair is the sixth doll in the "IT Basics Collections" - there were two dolls in The East 59th Street line, two dolls in the Meteor line, and one Poppy Parker.   Natural High is the first NuFace to be offer as a "Basic" doll.   The "Basics" dolls are open editions and will probably continue to be produced until there is no interest in them.  Each "Basics" doll is sold directly to the public via a Google Form that collectors fill out on line.  There is no limit to how many of each version a collector can purchase.

Natural High Lilith Blair sold out in less than 3 minutes of the Google Form going live.   That's 2000 dolls in less than 3 minutes!   I was very fortunate to snag one for my collection.

What makes these dolls "Basic"?  The packaging is minimal and similar to the Style Lab dolls from an IT convention.  They come with plain, strappy shoes and simple jewelry.   Their clothing is less detailed and there are fewer accessories.  Their retail price is $99.  

I paid for my Lilith within minutes of being notified and she came early last week.  Here is a photo of her in her box.

Instead of a swimsuit like all the other Basics dolls released so far, Natural High Lilith comes with Yoga attire in a beautiful shade of bright pale blue.  

And a closeup.

Those brown eyes are amazing.  They remind me of two of my other favorite versions of this mold, Hard Metal Lilith Blair (Blue-eyed version from 2013) and Sweet Nothing Gretel Eden Blair (Green-eyed version from 2012).  

So how does she look out of the box?

Another closeup.

The proof of any doll in my collection is how she redresses.  How about just adding a little cardigan?

Let's try on some Hazelstreet jeans.

And something more fun ... A Rimdoll Dress with accessories by IT (Miss Behave Style Lab Accessory Pack).

Truly not so basic ...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your doll is so beautiful. I broke down and purchased one slightly above retail but I must admit to being bitter when I see collectors posting multiples of a doll that was going to be reproduced later.

The grandmommy said...

Beautiful. I love her expression and pursed mouth. I guess Ilike everything about her, skintone, joints etc.

danka said...

I prob will never find the ones I like this maze girls en gents .. if I find one naked I pay more than the retail.. I was shocked but since I am used to pay 😭 I didn’t suspect anything.. from all I learn here hmmmm corrupt little system smelling? Too bad it doesn’t make more .. the would make double as much