Friday, July 10, 2015

Introducing "Shea"

Shock Bon Bon has been residing in a box in the closet for a very long time.   I have purchased her three times and sold her twice!   She was the very first Vanessa Perrin mold 1.0; however, she suffered from a horrible eye screening.
As everyone knows, the bodies on these early dolls deteriorate and become brittle.  After her neck broke and I removed the knob from inside her head, I carefully wrapped her head for safe keeping and put her away.  

Last summer I sent three dolls to Veronica Hage for enhancement.  (All three are among my favorites in my collection now.)   Veronica was my table host at the only convention I ever attended and has become a friend.  I love her work.  I've never been a collector who chases after One of a Kind (OOAK) dolls.  I like my dolls to retain a certain resemblance to their original production releases.  Veronica is great at enhancing a doll without losing its original personality during the transition.  That's a difficult feat and one I appreciate and admire.

I had been corresponding with Veronica over the winter and spring, so when her schedule opened a little, I jumped in!  Shock Bon Bon was one of the dolls I sent her.  She has now become Shea.
Few people in the collecting community actually "get me" when it comes to my taste in dolls.  Veronica is one of those people.  She was so excited to attempt a doll with Heterochromia Iridis (Irises with different colors).   

I put Shea on a FR2 body.  It just seemed the right thing for her.  Unfortunately, there still aren't a lot of clothing options for these dolls.  She wants to go shopping for some more clothing!
I am so happy to have this doll in my collection.    I think Shea is going to be around for a very long time!



8 comments:

Farrah said...

Shea is gorgeous and she looks so much better. I love her different colored eyes. That's so nice that you can find an artist that "knows" your style and can translate it so well onto your doll. :)

Georgia Girl said...

She looks beautiful! I love her repaint so much better! Veronica did a great job!

Carrickters said...

She was a lovely doll to start with but her eyes did look strange. The repaint really enhances her and she looks gorgeous.

Carrickters said...

She was a lovely doll to start with but her eyes did look strange. The repaint really enhances her and she looks gorgeous.

Veronica Hage said...

I'm really happy you love her. It was definitely something fun and different to try. I may have to try the look on a full repaint next. Maybe a poppy! :) I wish you were coming to convention again, it would make me so happy to spend those days with you.

Marisa said...

I like what she did with her, I always wanted to try making a custom doll but I love mine too much to experiment with them :(


Marisa

NataliaFan said...

I agree Marisa. I can't bring myself to mess with my dolls either, even the ones which could do with improvements. The sideways looking eyes limit the way I can photograph my Vanessa, but I still think she's gorgeous. I love the colors of her hair and makeup. I bought the original nude doll with damaged neck on eBay and put the head on a tall body.

Anonymous said...

I am interested in buing "Shea". Is it available? And if so, what would be the cost?
Thank you in advance.

AnKer