Friday, December 26, 2014

Best of 2014 - Number 5

My very favorite dolls molds were so well represented this year.    I do have more of one mold, though, than any other.   So the rest of my "Best of 2014" list will be given to characters, with my favorite version featured on my list.

The character today would have fared higher on my "Best of 2014" list had I not experienced so many problems with her issues this year.

The last W Club doll from 2013 was Touch of Frost Eugenia.  She arrived in late spring of 2014.   This edition slipped right through Quality Control with more eye issues than any IT product in recent memory.   I had to send mine to a friend who is a repaint artist to have her pupils corrected.  With the enhancement, she is perfect.
When Integrity Toys revealed their mainline collection, I knew City Prowl Eugenia was easily my favorite.  Those who have been following my blog, know that I had to return the first doll for a replacement, then the replacement had screening problems.  In fear that I would never get a good replacement, I even purchased an additional doll on secondary market.   When the third head arrived, I was so relieved.
Although I don't care for the sheer skirt, I love everything about this doll.  She has more of a scowl than some of the more recent Eugenia versions.

The third version of Eugenia was Cold Shoulder.  She part of the Gloss Convention Collection.  (I have to admit that I was surprised that she didn't show up on a table this year!)   I still haven't released mine from her box yet.  She will be the subject of a future blog, but here is a closeup.  She has a facial screening very similar to Fine Jewel while her coloring is similar to Most Desired.  Both of these dolls are "grails" for many collectors which has made Cold Shoulder very popular.   (I truly like this doll quite a bit and love the highlight and lowlight tones used in her hair! that is a very nice symmetry to her.)

Eugenia Perrin Frost is my Number 5 doll of 2014.   From the three offerings this year, my favorite would have to be ...

Best of 2014
Number 5
City Prowl Eugenia



No comments: