Monday, July 21, 2014

Summer Vacation Day 5

I've only been to one doll convention ever - the 2012 Integrity Tropicalia Convention in Orlando, FL.  When IT announced that they would be returning to Orlando this year, I was all set and ready to go.  This is one of those cases when life gets in the way.  My husband and I were visiting Abingdon, VA this past summer.  I wanted to show him one of my favorite places from where I grew up.  He fell in love with the town and surrounding mountains.   We are trying to save up some money to purchase land on which to build our retirement home!   It's very exciting, but it causes a tight budget!  Therefore, no 2014 Integrity Convention.

If I had to choose my favorite doll from the 2012 Convention, Main Event Adele Makeda is close to the very top.  She was released in an edition size of 425 and cost $125.

When I was redressing her, I started thinking about the song Lady Marmalade and Lil Kim.  Do you see it?


3 comments:

Phyllis said...

She is very beautiful!

Shasha said...

I think she is gonna be my first holy grail......

Georgia Girl said...

Gorgeous!! And yes, I see your vision. : )

Thats great that you guys are purchasing land for retirement.