Thursday, July 24, 2014

Summer Vacation Day 2

I was afraid I was going to have to make it through my "Days of Summer" posts without being able to spotlight a "new" doll actually released during the 60 days.   I was holding my breath when this lovely creature showed up on my doorstep today.  She is Fashion Explorer Vanessa Perrin mold 3.0.   She was an "upgrade" offer to collectors who joined the W Club.  You paid a $30 deposit when you joined the club and then was billed for $100 + shipping when she was ready to ship.  Her COA states that there are 1000 in the edition.  Look at those gorgeous eyelashes!
Here is a photo of the accessories.  I love the purse and boots!  The jewelry is a set of simple silver bangle bracelets and a pair of simple silver round stud earrings.   I guess when you're being chased by an attacking ban of hyenas you don't want to be slowed down by your jewelry getting stuck on the underbrush!
I was disappointed in the quality of the sunglasses.  They don't have actual lenses.  Maybe so as not to attract the attention of hungry lions with the glare from the sun?  The sunglasses do photograph well though.
Here is a photo of her full length to show the outfit.   The blouse is made of a tan "suede" material.  I bet it would be very hot in the desert - she should've come with a little bottle of Secret roll-on anti-perspirant.  I was surprised the skirt was blue - I had thought it was tan or off-white.  It is actually a powder blue color.
From behind, you can see her gorgeous hair.  It is a long ponytail similar to Glam Addict Giselle's hair.  The other two dolls I've received this year, Montaigne Market Elise and Touch of Frost Eugenia, also have ponytails.  I bet it will look great taken down - as long as it is evenly rooted.  I can't wait to see someone's photos.   The "suede" blouse is cut higher in the front than in the back. The boots have zippers - thank goodness!  They are awesome!

I also took a photo of her without the "suede" blouse.   I love the little net t-shirt underneath.  It isn't terribly modest and I would hate to see the tan pattern when she gets home, but I prefer it.  (I remember when those net shirts were popular with boys in the 1970's - it was so funny when a guy got sun burned wearing one!)  You can see the skirt has a very nice brown belt.   I wish I could it to ride lower on her hips.   With some time and effort, I might get the effect I want.   (She is also wearing beige panties.)
As I look back over my list of 60 dolls this summer there are two glaring omissions for Fashion Royalty characters.   I don't have an Adele Makeda 1.0 (I'm going to have to remedy that - maybe with a OOAK by Jon Copeland some day), nor did I have a Vanessa Perrin 3.0 displayed.  I had very high hopes for Fashion Explorer Vanessa Perrin.  I know I've broken the rule that I wasn't going to include FR2 dolls, but I couldn't help myself.  After all, she serves the purpose of filling the void of a Vanessa 3.0 mold.   And besides that,  I do so love the smell of new dolls in the morning!

1 comment:

Buffy said...

I have been seeing her show up on eBay and thought she didn't look like the promo pics, and since I have two coming I was concerned. Your photos have reassured me. She looks lovely and I am back to waiting with happy anticipation.