Friday, December 13, 2013

Not So Much A "Beast"

I really like Integrity's Nu-Fantasy line.  Last year's Hansel and Gretel were #2 in my "Best of 2012".   This year's Beauty and the Beast was eagerly anticipated.  As a clever spin, Integrity made "Beauty" the guy and "The Beast" the girl.   Since I decided to no longer collect hommes, I passed on "Beauty" and was very hesitant about "The Beast".   Fortunately, I had some money "burning a hole in my paypal account".
I believe this poor dolls suffers from being cast in the shadow of an incredible Convention Collection.   I'm surprised she isn't receiving more love.  Just look at this face up.
I almost feel like Vanessa 1.0 is back.   In the promotional material, Integrity only referred to this as a "new mold"; however, collectors were quick to figure out that this is the mold IT is currently using for Pizzaz from the Gem and Holograms line of dolls.

Here she is out of box and standing on her own in full stock.  The vest, trimmed in black fur, is awesome.  (I hate to sound silly, but I was ecstatic to finally get a brown leather belt!!)
It is hard to tell, but the pants and boots are BROWN … which are a very nice change.  The boots have very high spike heels and little leather accents with chains.  The pants have red lacing accents on the sides.  It is a very intricate outfit.

There have been many complaints about the hair which, apparently, is inconsistent between dolls.  My doll's hair doesn't look too bad.  Here she is from behind.
When you take off the vest, she is wearing a beautiful red bustier.
For some reason, she looks very "Mask of Zorro" to me.  Although I do have a sword from my Pirates of the Caribbean Barbie, she preferred the Silkstone riding crop.
It must be the influence of that wild 1980's sex hair.   As you can see, this doll is on the FR2 body in caucasian skin tone.   I am very impressed with the presentation and look forward to future editions of this face mold.  It is lovely.



7 comments:

The grandmommy said...

Those eyebrows are so mysterious. lol Wish those were two different outfits or at least detachable or something.

toto said...

Yes, I bought her just because of the outfit, however, when I received her I changed my mind. I will keep her, although I planned to sell her nude. I am very positively surprised, she is my biggest surprise from IT this year.I suppose she is not favored more because of her edition size... which is too bad.

billa's dolls and fashions said...

The face mold is really interesting, but I really can't connect with her hair....

Vanessa said...

Her outfit is quite interesting. I love the color brown, so I can understand your excitement about the brown.

Sarah Sequins said...

Wow, this doll is gorgeous! I love everything from the face mold to the hair -- which is exactly what mine looks like on its wild days. ;)

Liz said...

I ended up passing on her, but when I saw some really nice pictures of her face upclose (which the Wclub pics didnt have for either one) I just decided to get her so I traded a doll I wasnt bonding with for her. I really am happy that I got her :3

Eve*Sparkle said...

Great review of this doll :)