Monday, December 9, 2013

Flickr Games and Posting Threads

One of my favorite parts of the doll collecting hobby is interacting with other collectors.  Although I've never met many of the individuals who comment on my blog, post photos to flickr accounts that I follow, or write comments to the doll community message boards I frequent, it means so much to me to be able to share their joys of collecting.

I am still fairly new to flickr and am not fully competent with "Tag Games".   Recently I was tagged for a game called "Most Wanted Outfits and Accessories".  I joined in.  Here was my list.


On a doll board, someone asked the question - "Is there a doll that you were not fond of when it was released, then decided it was a WOW doll?"  Actually, I recently discovered a doll that I had never been able to appreciate.   Maybe the doll suffered from a poor wardrobe choice.  I don't know why, but I had never even considered adding this doll to my collection ….

Until recently when I saw some gorgeous photos of her on Flickr.   She is a version of my very favorite Integrity mold.   She has a hair color I don't have in my collection.  Now that she's here, I don't understand how I could have missed recognizing her beauty.
She is Face Time Eugenia.  People tease about her "hair bump".   I like it for now.  I may take it down in the future, but for now I am enjoying her in "stock presentation".   I purchased her nude with her hair net still tied on.  Her hair had never been touched, and she still had the plastic knee protectors on her legs.  I got her at a great price on The Doll Page, and she joined my Eugenia arm last week.  She really is "WOW".

4 comments:

Dollz4Moi said...

I have yet to learn how to make a mashup of pics. I would play more on flickr if I could.

I'm still thinking on the from meh to WOW thing. I'm trying to think if there is anyone who fell into that category and I think I have my winner :O)

The grandmommy said...

You are a good example of self-control for all of us! lol

Vanessa said...

Hmmm, I have to disagree about your self control. LOL! Based on the number of dolls in your collection, self control is not what comes to mind.

I love that Eugenia! She is gorgeous. I'm a huge fan of the hair color.

DollGrrlTrixie said...

do not take the bump down... the front hair is rather short & looks weird when taken down.