Monday, December 24, 2012

Rocking Around the Christmas tree

#7
Sometimes I purchase a doll because the outfit is so extraordinary, like with Main Attitude Adele.  And sometimes it is for the face like Truly Madly Deeply Agnes.  But other times, it's just the whole concept of the doll.   I got this doll from Integrity Toys' lottery for leftover dolls from the IFDC.  She appealed to my creative side.
Just look at that face!  At first, I was a little worried about those "racoon" eyes, but they don't photograph that dark.  I knew there would be many hours of redress in her future.  
I missed Go Home Rayna from the previous year.  When other collectors starting posting photos of her I thought, "How did I not see this?"   There was no way I was going to let this version sneak by me.
She, too, came with some nice accessories.  I don't plan on putting her "do-rag" on her head though.
I think the 2012 IFDC collection was quite good.  I liked all three dolls.  Shake It Up Korinne made it on my 12 of 2012 list.  Now we have Rock Me Baby Rayna.  I'm surprised we don't see more of this mold.   It is quite unique compared to so many of the other molds which are beginning to blend together.
One of the nice things about having my own blog, is that I get to say what I want. I try to be very politically correct on the boards, but today I plan on saying what is in my heart. 

In light of a year filled with tragedy, economic uncertainty, and great sorrow, let's all remember what this holiday is about.  It is a time to celebrate the birth of our Savior.  More so than ever, we need to turn our attention to the One who can help guide us through so much confusion and loss.  Keep God in our hearts in the coming year and stay focused on the important things in life - our loved ones, friends, and family.   With that said, I wish my dear friends who follow me on this blog a most blessed Christmas Eve.  Rayna was busy this morning putting up her creche.
May you be filled with the joy of Christmas and the wonder of the miracle that we celebrate.



2 comments:

Georgia Girl said...

Gorgeous doll! I love her makeup.

Happy Holidays to you and your family!

Mustiwait said...

Merry Christmas!