Tuesday, December 5, 2023

2023 Collecting Cycle Number 45 - Delightful Indulgence Dania Zarr

I have often mentioned in my blog that sometimes a post production doll is much better than the promo photos.  When the Integrity Toys 7 Deadly Sins Digital Convention was premiered, I wasn't overly impressed with this doll.   Collectors' photos made me take another look.

As a long time collector, it takes a special doll to be added to my shelf.  I have several versions of Dania Zarr.  I was afraid that Delightful Indulgence was too much like Tweed Couture, but they actually are quite different.  Delightful Indulgence has a very intricate hair style.  I don't have another doll exactly like it.  I really love the blonde hair color with the smoky eye/natural lip.  

Integrity Toys has started producing dolls in larger edition sizes lately.  A lot of collectors enter multiple times for a doll, hoping to use it as "trade bait" or to sell it on secondary market for a profit.  Unfortunately, only a few dolls make it worth while.   That means speculators are often holding multiple tickets and may have to actually sell a doll for a loss!  I was able to acquire Delightful Indulgence as a "take over" for retail cost.  

Here she is in the box.

And a full length photo.

The ensemble is actually quite interesting and folds beautifully.  I really do like the skirt quite a bit.  The train is a separate piece and can even be used as a cape (which is especially nice the way it cups her shoulders).  The skirt is detachable and there is a beautiful sheath underneath.  (There is an even a lace half slip under the sheath which will get a lot of use in my house!)  

Here is a closeup out of the box.  Number 45 of my 2023 Collecting Cycle is Delightful Indulgence Dania Zarr.


NOTE:  Several collectors have commented that the fabric of this dress stains Dania's body at the sides of the bodice and lower legs.  Mine has minor staining but a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser cleans it off.  This is not a doll to "save" in the box to open at another time.  


No comments: