Monday, December 26, 2022

Best of 2022 - Number 6 - "Something I Didn't Know I Wanted"

This doll has already been reviewed as she joined my collection very early last year Best of 2022 - Number 6 Review.  The Integrity Toys (IT) Convention "Obsession" was held virtually very late in 2021.  Almost all of those dolls made it into collectors' hands in 2022.  

Most dolls collectors anticipated "Obsession" to represent truly opulent fabrics, beadwork, furs, etc.  The IT design team took it into completely different areas such as sports and politics.   Collectors were very vocal in their disappointment to the point of insulting some of the designers.  One individual even responded (paraphrasing), "We don't try to make 'ugly' dolls.  We want to give collectors something they may not even know they want."   

I think the majority of collectors who only purchased one convention ticket were okay with the offerings.  But many of those opportunists who use multiple convention tickets to purchase enough extra dolls to sell on secondary market were quite upset.  Since there were 1300 convention tickets sold this year, I have read that some of them actually lost money on many of these dolls.  I guess that'll teach you to scalp dolls!

I actually liked this doll quite a bit.  The ensemble included MANY wonderful mix and match possibilities. Especially those boots!  Because I am so fond of this ensemble, I am including the stock photo of this doll again.

Many of my older dolls benefited from replacement bodies this year.  Here is a photo of People Really Do Fall In Love Vanessa Perrin 2.0 (now Violaine Perrin) wearing one of Sal's designs and those boots.


But the subject of this blog entry is Alejandre and she looks so good redressed.  The minute I saw Amirah Majeed in 24K Shine, I knew I wanted the ensemble for Alejandre.  Number 6 of 2022 is Varsity Alejandre Luna.






2 comments:

Shasarignis said...

Alejandra dressed with this dress is really stunning. I really like your number 6 for the year 2022. I can't wait to see your first five of the year 2022. 😊

Stormstorm said...

If Ale was a give away doll instead of Dom I doubt people would be upset as much. I ended up getting Dom out of curiosity, and that doll is truly not put together well (tried to be really nice here).