Thursday, January 10, 2019

Best of 2018 - #1 - The Twins - Public Adoration Eden and Afterglow Lilith

It can't be denied that these were the most talked about Integrity Toys (IT) dolls of 2018.  Some collectors didn't like them; a lot of collectors loved them.  There's also no denying they stole the show at the IT Convention Luxe Life.
I was able to acquire Afterglow Lilith almost immediately following release at a very good price.  I had given up hope of ever owning Public Adoration Eden when she arrived as a Christmas present from my dear husband.
Afterglow Lilith was the centerpiece doll at the W Club Luncheon.  W Club members who purchased a ticket to attend the luncheon got the opportunity to purchase Afterglow there.  She is in the new "sun kissed" skin tone and has platinum hair with bleached eyebrows.  It's her gorgeous green eyes though that impress me most.
I can't even imagine the excitement when the slide was shown that Public Adoration Eden was the gift doll to all attendees who paid for the luncheon ticket!  Arguably the best gift doll ever given at a convention (right up there with Big Eyes Poppy Parker).  Public Adoration was an instant grail, being compared by collectors to Going Public Eugenia Frost.  She has the most gorgeous face of any doll produced in 2018.  The use of a blend of pink and platinum hair combined with the sun kissed skin tone propelled her to the top of many a collector's Best of 2018 list.
They are two of my favorite dolls in my collection.  I look forward to redressing, posing, and photographing them often in the years to come!  I think it is phenomenal how Jessy Ayala took one mold and created a set of twins with distinctly different personalities, yet work so well together.  Count me impressed!  Best of 2018 #1 - The Blair Twins: Afterglow Lilith and Public Adoration Eden.

I hope you enjoyed my countdown.  It does reflect my personal taste and what I enjoyed adding to my collection this year.  It was not an easy countdown for me.  

Several dolls are absent from this countdown that could've very easily bumped a doll off.  They are worth noting:  Affluent Demeanor Agnes Von Weiss, Optic Illusion Giselle Diefendorf, Serenity Vanessa Perrin, Seduisante Elyse Jolie, Walking on Gold Adele Makeda, Divinity Isha Kalpana, Vamp Agnes Von Weiss, A Fabulous Life Rayna Ahmadi,  Vanity & Glamour Nadja Rhymes, and Hauntingly Lovely Ayumi Nakamura.  It was a very good year for IT collectors.  


No comments: