Thursday, January 19, 2017

2016 in Review

Every year I try to reflect on my collecting.  I am very happy to report that more dolls left my collection in 2016 than was added - 37 dolls were sold and 34 dolls were purchased.  I know that isn't a large difference, but at least it went in the correct direction!  Several of the dolls that I purchased were Barbie play line dolls, so I think I came close to being even with money also!

I did exceptionally well with most of my guidelines this year.    Guideline #5 was a bust as it relates to Poppy Parker.  I completely missed the potential of the "Poppy Goes to Paris" line.  I can no longer even joke that I don't collect Poppy Parker.  I purchased four of these on secondary market and have learned my lesson to pre-order all of them in the future!  Poppy Parker was my #1 of 2016.  I posted the following collage of photos on Flickr and it broke all records on my flickr account.
This photo has over 12,000 hits and even was invited to "in explore".  I have always been excited to get a couple hundred hits on a photo.  A few times I've had over 1,000 hits spread out over months, but nothing like 12,000 hits in less than 48 hours.  Go Poppy Parker!

I have decided to sell off much of my collection in 2017.  I am going to try and get my Ellowyne addiction down to 12 dolls.  I hope to eliminate many doll lines and focus my 1:6 lines to Poppy/Misaki, Fashion Royalty, and NuFace.  It's time to slow down on what is purchased, enjoy my favorites by playing (redressing) more, and let go of the rest.  

I hope 2017 is a great collecting experience for all of you who follow my blog.  I will try my best to post more often and share my journey as I move forward.

5 comments:

jSarie said...

That year of Poppy shot is great.

I'm planning to attempt to do some major thinning out of the collection this year as well. Good luck with it! :)

Storm said...

More posts!!! :) Congrats on your Flickr record, I have contributed that number with at least one hit! :)

Julia said...

I always love reading your posts. I hope you keep sharing with us photos of your dolls and your thoughts about them :)

Kristina said...

I hope you post your dolls for sale on the blog. I am looking for a few Ellowyne. :)

Unknown said...

Wow very nice post its all information is really helpful for me and other users.

Lifelike adult dolls