Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Supermodel Convention - Color Infusion

Many years ago, convention attendees participated in a program featuring Dynamite Girls where they got to put dolls and ensembles together.  This was replaced at the Orlando Tropicalia Convention with the introduction of a new body type and line called Color Infusion.  Attendees can buy basic nude dolls for a lower price than mainline dolls.  Then there is a selection of clothing ensembles that can be purchased separately.  Since its introduction, I have allowed myself to keep one doll each year.  (NOTE:  Color Infusion was originally introduced as a NuFace spinoff in 2011.)

This year's convention collection took Color Infusion to new heights.  I am so glad that I do not collect male dolls.  I would've been in serious trouble.  Here is the 2016 lineup:

Callum Windsor wearing "What A Man":
Ace McFly wearing "Too Sexy"
Tobias Alsford (my personal favorite) wearing "Hypnotize":
Ollie Lawson wearing "Mr. Vain":
Declan Wake wearing "Strike It Up":
Preston Woods wearing "Come As You Are":
And the female characters this year were totally amazing.

Monroe Jillian wearing "Pure Love":
Laka O'Rion wearing "Poison":
Dree Hill wearing "Crazy Sexy Cool":
Jaeme Costas wearing "Teen Spirit":
Tilda Brisby wearing "All That She Wants":
And Blue Burkhart wearing "Give It Up":
These were phenomenal fashions with a lot of mix and match possibilities.  There were nods to great fashion icons.  Even the packaging was elevated this year.  Here is a photo compared to previous packaging.  Teen Spirit on the left.
All of these items are selling extremely well on secondary market.  Many of the dolls are over $100 now as are some of the ensembles.  I was fortunate enough to get my three favorite fashions:  Teen Spirit (I have been waiting for a long sleeve denim blouse!!), Pure Love, and Crazy Sexy Cool (love those shoes!).   For anyone wondering, many pieces of CI clothing will actually fit the FR2 and NuFace bodies.  All of the shoes/boots are too big as the CI foot is larger.

I was unable to stick to my "allowed" one doll from this collection.  I wound up with two: Jaeme Costas (who hasn't arrived yet) and Blue Burkhart.  Here are a couple photos of Blue:
I am not usually a fan of big hair or even platinum hair, but I love this doll.  Here she is wearing a suit from Hoang Anh Khoi (who has an etsy storefront).
This doll is phenomenal.  I put her on a regular FR2 body and am truly enjoying her.
So, who was your favorite?

3 comments:

The grandmommy said...

With the exception of the last one I like the men's outfits best!

Matty said...

I love them! I also got Jaeme! LOVE!!!

Unknown said...

I love Jaeme but settled for Laka Orion. I'm glad I made that choice!