Thursday, July 17, 2014

Summer Vacation Day 9

I can't believe I am down to single digits.  It is so depressing that I decided to complete my spotlight today on a doll that always makes me smile.  In my last blog entry, I wrote about Adele 2.0 and how she is one of my favorite molds.  Adele was one of the first two characters introduced by Integrity Toys in 2001-2002.  Personally, I prefer her refreshed mold that was in production 2004-2011.  Adele is one of two molds that have three versions.  The other is Veronique Perrin's sister, Vanessa.

Vanessa Perrin was introduced in 2004 and mold 1.0 is easily my favorite.  I remember seeing collector's photos of the next doll after I missed the opportunity of purchasing her and feeling so sad about it.   Her secondary market prices skyrocketed and she still demands one of the highest prices in the Fashion Royalty collecting community.  You can not imagine my delight in snagging her on E-bay, nude for $120.   The seller collected wedding gowns for her Silkstones and didn't want the doll!  I finally added Poesie Sans Couleur Vanessa Perrin to my collection.
Poesie Sans Couleur Vanessa Perrin was a Fashion Doll Quarterly exclusive in 2005.  Her edition size was 500 and she cost $189.  2005 was definitely the year that Vanessa proved she was "no one's little sister".   That year we got the Fashionable Life twins, Poesie Sans Couleur, Runway Right Away, and Intoxicating Mix.  2005 established Vanessa Perrin a strong fan base that is one of the most outspoken in the collecting community.  To say the least, Integrity Toys has had great difficulty changing this character's mold.

Vanessa Perrin
  Mold 1.0:  FR 25 releases
  Mold 1.0:  FR2 1 release
  Mold 2.0:  FR 3 releases
  Mold 3.0:  FR 2 releases
  Mold 3.0:  FR2 2 releases

Of the 26 mold 1.0 releases, I have owned 20 of them and 11 still reside here.  I own all three of the mold 2.0 releases, and all four of the mold 3.0 releases.    But the one who makes me smile because I nabbed her for $120 on e-bay will always be Poesie Sans Couleur Vanessa Perrin.

4 comments:

Georgia Girl said...

Beautiful!!!!!

olla123 said...

Ta lalka to piękność! Wspaniała!

AG Lanc said...

She is beautiful.

Carrickters said...

I can see why she makes you smile. She is a very beautiful doll (and a great price).