Sunday, June 29, 2014

Summer Vacation Day 27

My husbands tells me that I could probably lower my collection number to about 25 dolls because "there are certain ones you play with all the time".   They are my "go to" dolls.

Since he started saying that, I tried spreading the love around a little more.  The doll spotlighted today is  probably the doll I have photographed the most.  She really is a personal favorite.  In fact, I had two of her and, reluctantly, sold the second one recently.

Although many believe Firefly Agnes Von Weiss is version that looks less like the Agnes persona, I think she has the attitude that is most like the character.  She just exudes confidence and arrogance to me.

This past spring I sold her sister Behind the Drama.  I wanted to keep the dress and sell the doll nude, but I knew she was much more valuable NRFB.  Imagine how happy I was when I saw this dress show up on ebay a couple weeks ago at a great price.  If I had to list my favorite 10 FR evening gowns, this one would be very high on the list.
Naturally, Firefly insisted that it would belong to her.
Who am I to argue?

1 comment:

Phyllis said...

I have really been enjoying your summer series, but it going by too fast! You do have a beautiful collection and are an excellent photographer.


I finally got my first post up on my blog (I have been talking about doing one for a while!) Check it out and let me know what you think. Here is the URL:

adayinthelifeofmydoll2.blogspot.com