Sunday, December 30, 2012

Finally ...

#1
Every now and then a doll comes along that becomes "iconic".  No one really understands how or why.  If they did, they would be a very rich doll designer.  There's just something about the doll that is immediately recognized as special.  Something sets this doll apart from others.
There are only a few dolls to whom one can apply this term "iconic"- Poesie Sans Coleur Vanessa, A Fashionable Life, Optic Verve Agnes, Fine Jewel Eugenia, FNO Poppy, to name a few.  They don't come along every year, but 2012 ushered in another.
I admit that I almost didn't enter the lottery for this doll.  I pondered it for days.  I didn't enter until the last possible minute.
The silliest thing is that the deciding factor for me were those "heel-less shoes" that match the purse.  I even told my doll friend Reese, "I can always sell her nude if she winds up not staying."
When she arrived, there was no questioning that she was here to stay.   But she was so different from my other Giselles.  She seemed more mature.  She had to be released from the box to be fully appreciated.  She is so statuesque.
This Giselle has grace and poise.  There's an elegant glow about her.  She reminds me so much of Agnes.
 My #1 of 2012 is Glam Addict Giselle.

2 comments:

swirlgirl said...

Dear Robyne
I have just spent a relaxing time this Sunday afternoon catching up on your countdown. I loved all your choices and enjoyed reading all the posts. I love your choice for #1 although, for me this is the one that got away this year. I waited till the last minute as well to enter and sadly it was not to be but I love your pictures of this wonderful Giselle.
All the best for 2013. See you next year! Vicky

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: she is gorgeous. Happy Year! We keep in touch in 2013.