Monday, December 27, 2021

Best of 2021 - # 5

Sometimes a collector will purchase a doll because they really like the ensemble (even if they don't like the doll).  And sometimes a collector will buy the doll in spite of an ensemble.  

When Wild Feeling Rayna Ahmadi was previewed as a W Club exclusive in 2020, I knew I would be purchasing this doll.  Rayna Ahmadi is the only doll for which I own all versions that been publicly offered.    I love this sculpt.  

Here is Wild Feeling Rayna Ahmadi in the box.


And here is a closeup.  Her face is definitely her "money maker"!


This was sort of a mini-giftset.  There was a little skirt, a cool coat, and two pair of shoes.  This mini-giftset cost $175.  (Accessories photo property of Integrity Toys)


I hate to admit it, but this is probably my least favorite NuFace ensemble ever produced by Integrity Toys.  I'm hoping I can use pieces as separates and combine them with other things in my doll wardrobe.  Here is a photo of Wild Feeling Rayna Ahmadi right out of the box.  

I didn't think it was possible for a doll to experience moose knuckles/camel toes.  As a female I'm pretty sure I know Rayna's "wild feeling" is from wearing those pants and they make a cream for that!

That top is just wrong on every level.  I couldn't even bring myself to put the skirt on her.  Here is the full ensemble.  The coat is the saving grace here and, more than anything, for the simple reason that it covers everything else.

I love Rayna Ahmadi.  And I really love Wild Feeling Rayna Ahmadi.  I envisioned her "wild feeling" a little differently.

I was excited to find that the  “American In Paris” ensemble cape from the IT Obsession Covention Poppy Parker Style Lab was made from the same fabric used for the boots and bra from the 2020 Legendary Convention Meteor Mischievous Keeki Adaeze.  I paired 2016 Polarity Nadja Rhymes’ skirt with 2014 Gloss Convention Giselle Diefendorf’s blouse, bra, and hose.   I like her better dressed like this!

This doll is just super beautiful; probably one of the most beautiful Nuface dolls produced.  Best of 2021 - Number 5 is Wild Feeling Rayna Ahmadi.  (Wearing Sister Moguls leather top)


   




1 comment:

Stormstorm said...

Love your count-downs, especially this one ;)))