Thursday, December 30, 2021

Best of 2021 - #2

This is going to be an odd blog entry.  My second place position for Best of 2021 isn't going to an individual doll or even a specific doll line.  Best of 2021 - #2 goes to the Integrity Toys Open Edition dolls that were introduced this year.   

This was a concept that was long overdue - make dolls in batches and sell them to everyone.   While we're at it, let's include dolls from each line!  And to make things even better, produce the dolls as Basic Editions with minimal packaging.   Then sell them for $99 each.  And to put the cherry on top, let's give them beautiful screenings and hair!  Bloody brilliant!!!

The first dolls offered were from the East 59th Street line.  Pin-Up Allure Victoire Roux is a raven haired doll.  She showed up as #6 of dolls added to my collection this year.

At #7 on my list of additions was her twin Summer Glamour Victoire Roux as a fiery redhead.


Sadly, these dolls were offered before the East 59th Street line became popular with collectors (which seemed to happen after the Dolly Days and Traveling In Style dolls were released).  IT decided to retire these dolls from the Open Edition line and have announced they will be replaced by something different.  I am thrilled that I was able to get them at retail.  They are quite beautiful in hand.

The next doll released as an Open Edition represented the NuFace line.  She is Natural High Lilith Blair and I reviewed her earlier this year as my Doll Addition #11 of 2021 .  This doll is nothing short of spectacular and has become very popular with collectors.  Since Lilith is supposed to be a twin anyway, I have two of this doll so I can have one rerooted.  And it didn't break the bank!



The next two dolls were released at the same time.  Malibu Sky Agnes Von Weiss was an instant success (she was reviewed as Doll Addition #35 of 2021).  The IT server broke when this doll was offered.  This is a truly grail worthy version of a very popular mold.  


For some reason Beach Babe Poppy Parker didn't receive the same reception.  I didn't think I would like this doll, but real life photos convinced I made a mistake not ordering her.  I got her in the second production round; she is one of the most interesting versions of Poppy Parker released so far.  I love her!



I do not collect the Meteor line (at least I am still making that claim).  The following photos are property of IT:

First there is raven-haired Slay All Day Keeki Adaeze




And her blonde counterpart Still Poppin' Keeki Adaeze.



I applaud Integrity Toys for this bit of marketing genius and putting beautiful dolls in the hands of loyal collectors at an affordable price.    (At posting time, the only Open Edition doll available for purchase directly from IT is Still Poppin' Keeki Adaeze.   Keep checking the Integrity Toys website as they advertise availability as shipments arrive.)  For collectors who like to display their dolls NRFB, this line probably isn't for you, but for collectors like me, who like to redress their dolls, this is just doll nirvana.   This whole concept, with such special versions of the dolls, was truly worthy of Best of 2021 # 2 - Integrity Toys Open Editions.











No comments: