Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Best of 2021 - # 4

The following doll was already reviewed this year.  She was the fourth doll I added to my collection in 2021.  Here is the original post: Additions to My Collection 2021 - #4 .

Again, we have another doll that was exclusive to the W Club.  Were you a collector of Integrity Toys dolls and not a member of the W Club, this was a very lean year for collecting dolls!  The Integrity Toys Convention sold out to members of the W Club (and this year there was a record breaking 1300 tickets).   There was only one FR2 doll offered for purchase to the general population in 2021!

Mothership Dania Zarr has the most spectacular ensemble ever created by Integrity Toys.  If you are a label hound, this doll is definitely for you.  The boots are based on a design by Tom Ford.  The visor is from an Alexander McQueen collection.  The coat comes from the House of Balenciaga.  The belt is a Dior design.  The metal corset is iconic and from the collection of Thierry Mugler.

In my personal opinion, this was the wrong doll for the ensemble.  Mothership Dania Zarr looks matronly to me.  The minute she arrived I decided she was going to be my Cruella Deville and I sold my Fashionably Ruthless giftset.  Here she is wearing an R&D Exclusive ensemble.  I actually prefer Mothership Dania Zarr like this.

The ensemble just needs to be on a more sensuous and youthful looking doll.  Here it is on French Kiss Vanessa Perrin. Sort of a Farrah Fawcett a la Logan's Run sort of vibe.  Better?  

Primarily due to the outstanding ensemble, Best of 2021 - # 4 is Mothership Dania Zarr.







No comments: