Thursday, July 10, 2014

Summer Vacation Day 16

Since I focused my blog on Lily Munster yesterday, it made me think about Frankenstein's monster, which lead me to the entry today.   There is a term in the doll collecting community for dolls whose heads have been put on a body different than the one with which they were manufactured.  Collectors call those dolls "frankendolly".   I have a few Mattel dolls on IT doll bodies.  I also have some IT dolls who have switched to a different style body.  This is the case with the Funny Face Jo Stockton Take The Picture doll living here.
She is the original Vanessa 1.0 face mold which made her desirable to Vanessa 1.0 collectors.  She arrived on a shorter Poppy Parker body with the kitten heel/foot.   (The kitten heel/foot was designed without an ankle joint or arch in the foot so Poppy Parker dolls could wear "flats" and "kitten heel" shoes.) For some reason, she looked sad to me;  she needed to be with my other tall Vanessa girls.   Take the Picture is a very unique face up for Vanessa because her eyes were painted to look like Audrey Hepburn's big brown doe eyes.  This uniqueness makes her quite special in my collection, and I really enjoy her on the tall FR body.

1 comment:

Veronica said...

I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I own like 5 of this girl because she went on sale so cheap and she could be found nude on eBay for low prices. But she's so pretty I'm kinda not! ;) I have one with her hair down on my current work table.