Monday, June 16, 2014

Summer Vacation Day 40

I LOVED version 1.0 of Veronique Perrin pre-2006; however, in my opinion, Vero seemingly did not transfer well to the taller body.  I'm not sure why and don't understand how her facial screenings were so completely different from the earlier versions.  In my opinion, her sweet smile somehow changed to a scowl.  Onyx Veronique Perrin is the only post 2006 version of 1.0 living here with original screening (only because the "Glamorous Collection" is my favorite FR basic line ever and I have them all).

Like her arch enemy Natalia Fatale, age had crept up on Veronique Perrin and she had to go into seclusion for some "minor cosmetic surgery".  She disappeared from the lineup for two whole years 2009 and 2010 which seemed like a very long time to heal.   Veronique version 2.0 has been released eight times (five in 2011 and three in 2012) before moving on to the FR2 body in 2013.  Although I really like Veronique version 2.0, there is only one living here, Breaking the Mold Veronique Perrin.
Lately, it's been raining most evenings where I live.   I took advantage of the weather to step outside and get a photo of some of my favorite older FR clothing.   The raincoat and purse are from 2004 Life on The Runway (the details in this rain coat are AMAZING), the red boots are from sister 2004 Girl of the Moment Vero, and the slacks are from Pretty Calculated Erin of 2007.  One of the things I still love about the older FR body is that they can share skirts, shorts, and slacks with the NuFace and Monogram dolls which opens up more wardrobe options.

There is something elegant and tranquil about Breaking the Mold Veronique  She is simple but stunning.  Breaking the Mold Veronique Perrin was part of the mainline of dolls released in 2011. She retailed for $110 and there were 600 in the edition.  To me, she is one of the most under-rated dolls produced.  I am surprised she isn't on more grail lists.
Breaking the Mold Vero wanted to show off her cleavage, so Touch of Frost shared the red sweater from a couple blog entries ago.  I recently purchased the Girl of the Moment ensemble from Val on e-bay.  I think IT does knitwear best.  I would like to see more!

No comments: