Friday, December 30, 2022

Best of 2022 - Number 2 - JamieShow Muses Holiday Enchanted Collection

The second capsule of Jamieshow dolls received by collectors in 2022 was promoted last Christmas Season and was called "Enchanted".  This time there were only two male dolls but five females - all of them new versions of previously shown characters.  Photo property of Jamieshow Owensu Dolls.

You wouldn't know it from the dolls themselves, but this collection was based on Fairytale Couture.   I rarely display a doll in my collection wearing a gown, so I thought I was going to be safe with this collection.  Surprisingly, not the case.  Below is a sampling of the offerings in a Jamieshow Owensu Muses Promotional Photo. 

These ensembles are just opulent - look at the rich textures of materials!   The design aesthetic is off the chart and it is reflected in the cost of each ensemble, as they range in price from $200 to $350 each.   I allowed myself only one of the five male ensembles offered this time.  (Yes, that is a "Phantom of the Opera" mask!)

Since these ensembles and headpieces were so extravagant, I only allowed myself to preorder one of the dolls and four of the sixteen female ensembles .  Unfortunately I wasn't able to get any of the ten accessory sets this round (four for the males, six for the females) which only included three pair of shoes each and cost $85 each.

So how does Jamieshow Muses Owensu Holiday Enchanted merit such a spot in my countdown.  They say a picture is worth a thousand words.  This is Look 16 being modeled by Summer Kisses Nicole.  I fondly refer to to this gown as the "origami gown" as the folds are just a true work of art; it is the largest gown in my collection!

In addition to the gowns, collectors were offered ten very elaborate couture Owensu headpieces priced from $100 - $180.   I could only afford two headpieces.  Here is Nicole with Headpiece J added to that incredible gown.  How intricately decadent!

Jamieshow Owensu ensembles are beginning to attract many cross-over collectors since most of these ensembles can fit Fashion Royalty/NuFace dolls.  

Although I already reviewed the one doll I preordered, Jamieshow Muses Enchanted Lilly, in a previous blog entry, this doll has not been redressed since being displayed in this ensemble.  She is just a little piece of 1:6 scale fashion art.  Lilly is still wearing Look 5 with Headpiece E.

After collector photos started showing up, I started regretting my lack of foresight in not purchasing Enchanted Grace, but I was fortunate to grab her from the "leftover sale".  Here she is modeling Look 10 also from the leftover sale.  Her wigcap is from an earlier offering.

It can't be denied that it is difficult to surpass the quality and beauty of the Jamieshow Muses Holiday Enchanted Collection - Representing this collection for Best of 2022, Number 2, is Holiday Enchanted Grace.  





No comments: