Saturday, December 31, 2022

Best of 2022 - Number 1

So, we finally made it.  Thank you to my followers for staying with me for this countdown.  

It doesn't take much digging to figure out that 36 dolls were added to my collection this year.   Six of those are not eligible for my countdown because they were purchased secondary market and were actually produced and received by collectors in previous years.  The four Jamieshow Muses girls, two male dolls, four Mystery Date Poppy Parkers, Varsity, Desert Dazzler, Wildflower, and Mademoiselle Annik have already been listed.   That only leaves sixteen contenders and ten of those were from the 2021 Obsession Convention; even though the virtual convention took place in late 2021, the majority of these dolls got delayed in shipping until 2022. 

With the economy in such a bad spot and budgets being tight, a lot of collectors are seeking the most bang for their buck.   That's why the last four spots in my countdown were all dolls/doll lines/manufacturers that provided collectors the most fun for their investments.

The doll that brought me the most joy in 2022 was purchased from a new doll friend.  He only collects IT Hommes but got a ticket for the Obsession Convention.  He sold his female dolls at very reasonable prices; selling the gifted dolls for appx 1/3 his convention ticket price.  From all the Obsession Convention dolls this year, this doll was easily my very favorite.  The giftset was phenomenal with so many accessories and mix and match possibilities.   I reviewed this doll earlier in 2022  Collection Cycle 2022 Number 4 .  

This doll is just gorgeous and redresses so well.  She's not just my favorite doll of 2022, she is probably my very favorite version of the Vanessa Perrin 3.0 mold.  She is "pretty in pink" in an Andymy fashion for New Year's Eve celebrations.

Number 1 of 2022 - A Doll's Life Vanessa Perrin.  




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent choice. I also love this one, maybe even more so for her totally hair Barbie similarity. I'm glad you got a chance to play with and redress her!

Aya w Świecie Lalek said...

Beautiful photos. Happy New Year 2023!

Elaine said...

Hi - random question for you and your readers, completely off topic… I just started collecting Integrity dolls. I went a bit crazy over the holiday and ordered a few (8!). I purchased them on eBay. I was sent a COA that I don’t think matches one of the dolls I ordered. Do you know which doll would have the COA code PTR? It’s listed under the edition size as “PTR 622 of 700”. Let me know if you know which doll this is. Thanks!

Stormstorm said...

@Elaine: your best chance is to post this question on W Club forum.

Desperately Seeking Dolls said...

@Elaine: Possibly Perfect Reign Tatyana Alexandra - Edition Size 700

MaryC said...

I hope you are doing okay as I have been checking since the start of 2023 and no new posts. I have lived your blog but only discovered it about a year ago. I went back through from the beginning and have loved how informative and valuable your collecting knowledge and posts have been over the years! I truly hope all is well for you and you are simply taking a break from blogging. But if not and you are truly done, you will be missed!