Sunday, December 23, 2012

The Reigning Queen

#8

There's no doubt that the reigning queen in many collections is Agnes.  Last year was not a good year for her.  Vivid Impact did not find a permanent spot in my collection.  She was the only Agnes released in 2011 and was a major disappointment for me.  However, this year's offerings more than made up for it.  Agnes makes another appearance in my 12 of 2012.  This time it is the event doll offered to W Club members who attended the Webinair for the unveiling of the 2012 Integrity lines.  She is Truly, Madly, Deeply Agnes.
This doll takes me back to The Royal Weiss.  She has that hauty look to her.  That snobby expression that I love so much.  Instead of a pout, she has more of a sneer.
Here is a photo of the accessories, which seem to go better with the casual look than the gown.
As much as I love Truly, Madly, Deeply Agnes, I believe the colors are all wrong for this doll.
I think the gown is very modern and well constructed.  It is very rare for doll to upstage Agnes; however, The Muse Adele just wears this look much better.
 
Although I prefer Agnes in the suit:
it still doesn't do justice to this incredible face!
My 12 of 2012 wouldn't be complete without Truly, Madly, Deeply Agnes.

1 comment:

M said...

I always love your countdowns! Wishing you a wonderful Christmas. :)

XO
Matty