Thursday, October 26, 2023

Back To The Basics - Numbers 24, 25, 26, and 27 of Collection 2023 Cycle

Back in 2021, Integrity Toys tried something new for their collectors; they created a "Basics" line of open-edition dolls.  The dolls were released in production runs until they ran out; then there was another run offered.   The dolls were priced at $99 and were packaged less elaborately.  They came in swimwear or work-out clothes and had minimal accessories.   They represented the five main lines of Integrity Toys:  FR2, NuFace, Poppy Parker, Meteor, and East 59th.  This allowed collectors to add new versions of favorite characters at an affordable price.  I think it introduced Integrity dolls to more collectors, but the market wasn't big enough to entertain such seriously large edition sizes even though the dolls were actually quite extraordinary.  This "Basics" line showed up in my 2021 End Of Year Countdown at the #2 spot.  Here is the link to those dolls:  Integrity Toys 2021 Basics Line.

After saturating the market with these dolls, Integrity Toys made the smart move to retire the first Basics line and introduce a new set of dolls in 2023.  The edition size for these dolls was 5000 and all versions are still available for purchase on the website.  (If you've not been an IT collector but have been curious about these dolls, now would be a great opportunity to check them out:  Integrity Toys Web Storefront for Basics Dolls.)

The 2021 Basics versions of Agnes Von Weiss and Lilith Blair have become favorites with collectors.  Personally, I think they are fantastic versions of these characters, so it was a no-brainer when Integrity Toys opened the sales links for the 2023 Basics line.

Erin Salston was one of the original characters that introduced the Integrity Toys Nuface line in 2006.  Her mold was "refreshed" in 2012 to be "less cartoon-like" and mold 2.0 has been a collector favorite ever since.  My very favorite NuFace doll is actually 24k Erin Salston.  2023 Basics Erin Salston retailed for $110 to W Club members.  The price reflected the fact that the doll had a more elaborate ensemble.  To give collectors a choice, there is a "completer" accessory package called Bow-tique Details that goes with this doll and retailed for $65 to W Club members.

2023 IT Basics Night Out Erin Salston became Number 24 added to my collection this year.   

Natalia Fatale mold 2.0 is one of my favorite IT characters.  She isn't as popular with collectors as some of the other molds, but she is has been gaining ground over the past few years.  I was so excited when she was added to the Basics collection this year and this screening/skintone/hair color is extraordinary.  Number 25 of my Collection Cycle 2023 is Bombshell Beach Natalia Fatale.


I have a very complicated relationship with Poppy Parker.  I was on-board with the line when it debuted in 2009.  I fondly remember the early years when you could grab these girls on clearance sales!  (Yes, that is actually true.)   I owned many of the original versions, but only a couple managed to stick around in my collection as I prefer dolls with attached eyelashes.  Over the years Poppy Parker has developed a very strong fan base and has attracted a lot of scalpers on the secondary market.   It has become increasingly difficult to get Poppy Parker versions at retail price outside of the W Club.   Still, there are Poppy Parker dolls that have permanent spots in my collection.   At first I resisted the 2023 Basics Island Time Poppy Parker.  Then collector photos started showing up on the internet. I caved and added her to my collection.   Number 26 of 2023 is Island Time Poppy Parker.

Fortunately for my bank account and storage/display space I do not collect Meteor dolls, so I passed on this Basics offering of Pose Like An Egyptian Amirah Majeed.  Since I limit the males coming into my collection, Basics East 59th Street Honolulu Sunset Augustus Blake was also a pass.   I considered not purchasing the East 59th Street female doll, but I have such a weak spot for Victoire Roux mold 2.0 that I caved and added her to the cart.  Number 27 is Aloha Waikiki Victoire Roux.


As you can see from the photos of these dolls still in their boxes, there is nothing "basic" about the actual dolls included in the 2023 Integrity Toys Basics Line.  They are all very beautiful and worthy of spots in collections.  The price is just an added bonus!



No comments: