Friday, January 5, 2018

Best of 2017 - Number 7

Although one of the more recently deboxed acquisitions, this doll was delivered several months ago.  She was one a W Club Exclusive members could purchase as part of the 2017 Poppy Parker retail line.   I reviewed her on December 10, 2017 and she quickly became a popular model around here.  Here is the link:  Review of Welcome to Misty Hollows Poppy Parker.

2016 was definitely Poppy Parker's year with several incredible versions released.  As a matter of fact, there were so many exceptional versions of Poppy Parker I listed the mold as my #1 of 2016.  

David Buttry was really on his game last year; I added so many versions in 2016 that I was nervous about this year.   But the bar was set so high in 2016 I found myself lacking enthusiasm for most of the releases in 2017.  (It's not that the dolls weren't beautiful; I just added so many amazing Poppy dolls in 2016 that the 2017 versions paled in comparison.)   That is true for all but one - Welcome to Misty Hollows Poppy Parker is one of my very favorite versions ever released.

This doll reminds me so much of my youth.  We used to get off the bus and rush into the house to watch old reruns of Dark Shadows, The Munsters, and The Addams Family.  This doll brought me joy by reminding me of my childhood and reminding me of the niece, Marilyn, on The Munsters.   Number 7 of the Best of 2017 is Welcome to Misty Hollows Poppy Parker.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad she's in your countdown :-)!

Kamelia said...

She's the only Poppy I really want to have as I wrote once. :) I love the sweater.

Phyllis said...

I agree that 2016 was the year of the Poppy Parker Doll. There were so many beautiful Poppys available at the Convention, I got them all! I also am the proud owner of the Misty Hollows Poppy and agree that she is stunning. I actually will be having a few more Poppys joining my collection in 2018 with 1 on the way and 2 more on pre-order. Yikes!

Anonymous said...

Popster Poppy (not Misty Hollows) was the membership upgrade, along with Riviera Drama Agnes and Majesty Giselle.