Sunday, October 23, 2016

Looking For Some "Body"

I recently learned that Electric Enthusiasm Dominique Makeda's body was a donor for many dolls including last year's Convention Kumi.   I got on line and checked all of the Integrity dealers until I was able to locate one at original price.

When she came I was pleasantly surprised by the ensemble.  Here she is NRFB.
And a closeup.  Hmmm... she's actually got a lovely face-up.
She comes with a great purse and some "killer" boots.   Here's a photo outside the box.
I decided to pose her with her two sisters that are currently residing here, Polarity Nadja and Voltage Erin.  (I am still not bonding with Voltage)
I decided I might as well undress her and start up the heating pad.  Ack!   STAIN ALERT!
Fortunately, I purchased this doll directly from a dealer a few days ago and the warranty is still in place.  I contacted Patient Care - waiting to hear back.  With her clothes back on, she is a very pretty doll.


4 comments:

The grandmommy said...

Ack! What a mess on such a fabulous body! I really like her and her outfits.

olla123 said...

Wspaniała lalka! Szkoda, że ubranie tak zabarwiło jej ciało...
Na pewno wszystko dobrze się skończy!
Pozdrawiam serdecznie!

Unknown said...

I purchased a Best Thing Ever Dree Hill. She came with an IT notice stating no replacements will be provided due to her body being stained by her clothes - seriously! Happily the only place she was stained was where the black pants had been tied against her ankles because the manufacturers had not placed any protection there (thanks a lot, IT)! YouTube has a great video on how to remove stains from dolls. Use an over the counter acne treatment cream containing 10% benzoyl peroxide. Apply a layer over any stains and place the doll where the sun can activate the cream to bleach the stain (I used a place where the sun comes in only a few hours a day). It took three applications over two weeks but the stains are completely gone and there is no sun damage to the doll and no lightening of her AA skin tone! I've used this same trick as well on Cream and Japan skin tones with great results and no affectation to the original skin tone. :-)

The Divergent Adoptee said...

Wow, I love your IRL pics of her. Her face is really gorgeous.