- The anniversary of the loss of my mother, which started me on the journey of this blog, is quickly approaching.
- The weather is getting cooler and fall is settling in.
- My little fuzz baby, Millie, has been diagnosed with heart problems. I have her on medicine and she is laying on the floor watching me type. She is 11 years old and has been with me since my divorce.
- I didn't sign up for the IT convention this year, so I will be joining the fun like so many other collectors, through the lenses of our friends.
- I have been so underwhelmed by Fashion Royalty this year, that I have been seriously rethinking the future of my collection.
It turns out she was the first doll released with "decal"/"water slide" eyes. These are printed and applied. When magnified in photos, you can actually see the dots from the printing process. Sometimes when the head is heated or the hair washed, the decals have been reported to come off.
When the FR mainline was previewed a few weeks ago, I only ordered three of the six dolls and the upgrade doll. Three of the dolls had "water slide" eyes. Daytime Impact Dasha was an immediate fan favorite. (Photo from Integrity Toys)
Unfortunately, the IT disclaimer "Final productions may vary slightly" applied to this doll because her eye screening was completely different. Instead of having white on both sides of her irises, she had extreme side glancing eyes and the left eye was noticeably different from the right. I'm glad I did not order this doll, but I was a fan of the ensemble and picked it up secondary market for $60. I knew who was going to wear it, a personal favorite from last year, Evening Blossom Dominique Makeda.
Contrasting Proposition Natalia is here (the second doll I purchased from this collection), but I cannot even bring myself to debox her. There have been reports that her hair is coarse.
To get out of this funk, I decided to photograph some of the dolls and clothing that started me on this journey. First up is 2004's Glam Slam Kyori Sato wearing 2001-2002's Adele Suited Luxury. This was the second Kyori Sato I ever owned and still a personal favorite.