Sunday, January 18, 2015

First of 2015

I'm not exactly sure how to count this doll.  When she went on pre-order with the W Club, I think I rationalized myself out of ordering her.  It was at a time when I was experiencing production problems with several dolls that I had received.  She is similar to other Vanessa dolls that I already own.  Yadda Yadda Yadda.

When collectors started photographing her, I had "non-buyer's remorse".  Is there such a thing??

A friend had purchased multiples and willingly traded me head-for-head for High Visibility Agnes, with whom I wasn't bonding.  Unfortunately I do not have a NRFB photo or a photo of this doll in her original ensemble, but here is Edge Vanessa Perrin wearing Flawless Elise's little black dress.
I am very surprised that I like this doll as much as I do.   I used some clear plastic thread to tie her hair in place.  Had I owned Edge Vanessa when I was doing my 2014 Countdown, I may have listed Vanessa as Number 1.  She is quite lovely.

Since I traded a head for this doll that I already owned, I guess, at least according to my collection, it's a wash.

That would mean my first actual purchase of 2015 was an ensemble.  I have wanted Red Blooded Woman from 2004 for a very long time.  I decided to finally succumb to this outfit and probably paid too much for it.  Most Desired Eugenia is our model.  First, here is the complete ensemble.  (The original earrings were red studs, so I went with a more embellished FR paid.  The original shoes were plastic, so I used the red leather shoes from the Style Counsel gift set.)
Next, I wanted to show the ensemble without the fur.

And a closeup!



1 comment:

Troy said...

It is a pretty great outfit. I say, if it makes you happy, you paid the right amount for it. :-)

I keep going back and forth as to whether I want to add this Vanessa to my FR group. Decisions!