Wednesday, December 19, 2012

You Made Me Love You ...

#12
Many collectors have already started talking about their "Top Ten" dolls of 2012.  As hard as I tried, I was unable to get my list down to 10.  I think the Top 12 of 2012 is a great way to spend the last 12 days of this year!  I will count down over the next 12 days.  Without further ado, I give you number 12: Force of Nature Agnes.
This doll holds special meaning to me.  She was the centerpiece doll at the Welcome Banquet at the Integrity Convention this year.  This was my first doll convention of any type.  My husband took me, and he won the opportunity to purchase her.  His number was the one that got to purchase the actual doll from the table.  I noticed that some individuals tried to trade for a NRFB doll, but this one had such perfect hair and eyes, I decided a "great doll in the hand wouldn't be traded for one in a box".  Unfortunately, I do not have any NRFB photos though.  Here is a photo of her in her full length sheer turquoise gown.

The shoes are fantastic!

When we first came into the banquet room, many collectors initially thought this was Giselle.  FON is one of the most youthful Agnes dolls ever.  I was recently watching Project Runway and Isaac Mizrahi said something along the lines of "There is so much wrong with this that I should hate it, but I can't help loving it."  Diane Von Furstenburg responded by calling the design "Forbidden Fruit".  I guess that's how I've come to think of Force of Nature.  The blonde razor cut hair and the tan just doesn't say "Agnes" to me.  But it cannot be denied that she is gorgeous.
In the above photo, I wanted to show you the shell pink net lining of this dress.  you can also see the lovely matching tap pants that Agnes is wearing underneath the dress.  For some reason, this picture makes me think of DWTH professional and now singer/actress Julianne Hough.


Which makes me only like this doll more.  One thing about any doll I add to my collection is that she must be able to redress.  I wondered if FON could go casual.

As I continued photographing FON Agnes, I began questioning her position as #12.  I may have sold this doll short.  She loves the camera.  She is very versatile.  I think I have been in such "dolly overload" the past few months, I am missing some of the extraordinary dolls right here under my nose.  FON Agnes is amazing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: I like Agnes. For me it is very difficult to choose the best dolls this year. All dolls are something special. Keep in touch

The Divergent Adoptee said...

You are right -- your doll is perfect! I like the hair on yours so much more than mine! But now that I've seen your beautiful photos, I realize I need to photograph mine some more, and play with angles and lighting. She is truly outstanding!