Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Best of 2021 - #10

How can it possibly be the last 10 days of 2021?!  I got up this morning like a normal day, until I realized it was December 22; I totally freaked out!  It was time to begin my annual countdown of personal favorites for 2021!

I do not expect to receive any more new dolls this year, so I sat down with my list of dolls that were added to my collection in 2021.  I pondered.  I considered.  I narrowed down.  

The first doll to appear in my countdown was purchased in September 2020, but she didn't arrive until early 2021.  I haven't reviewed her yet, even though she appears as #8 on my "Collection Additions of 2021".    

I have never been a big fan of this Integrity Toys character/mold.  As a matter of fact, there is only one other version of her residing here.  Shake It Up Korinne Dimas was from the 2012 Shake, Rattle and Roll IFDC Convention.  There were only 300 in her edition size.  I can thank my dear friend Rich for guiding me to the purchase of this doll.  She has been transferred to a FR2 body and remains a staple in my collection.  She is wearing her original ensemble (which fits nicely on the FR2 body).


When Siren Silhouette Korinne Dimas was previewed for purchase in 2020, I was reluctant at first to buy her.  I kept looking at the details of the gown until I caved and ordered her at retail price from a dealer.  Her edition size is 1100 and she sold for $175.   

Here is a full length photo in the box.

Truly, I purchased this doll primarily for the ensemble.  It is amazing.  It came with some spectacular accessories:  the jewelry, shoes, and purse are truly fantastic!  Here is a photo (property of IT) of what was included with this doll.



To say I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the box would be an understatement.  This doll has a gorgeous screening.  I love the eyes!  Her lip color is just perfect.  This is a closeup in the box.


When you get this doll out of the box, you realize just how gorgeous she truly is.  There are little beads in the seams of the dress.  She looks like a cross between an exotic mermaid and a Greek goddess.


She is so beautiful in stock and displays just as lovely.  She is much better IRL (in real life) than in her promo photos.  #10 of 2021 is Integrity Toys FR2 Siren Silhouette Korinne Dimas.




1 comment:

Luis Calzoncit said...

Merry Christmas!
I guess you had to get creative because this year IT dolls where very few, and the Convention wasn't so great either...