Sunday, October 8, 2017

Majesty Giselle Diefendorf

I have been a member of Integrity Toys' W Club since it began in 2006.  It's hard to believe it is already 11 years old!  I enjoy the perks afforded by the membership such as upgrade dolls.

When the 2017 upgrade Nuface doll, Majesty Giselle, arrived, I took a couple quick photos of her in her box and then shoved her in the closet with the other dolls waiting to be released.

Recently during a discussion, some doll friends were talking about which dolls that had arrived in 2017 were their favorite.  Majesty's name came up more than once.  I decided that maybe I had missed something here when I opted to take out Feeling Wild first.
And here is a closeup.
Here are the accessories.
Here they are out of box.
The purse is a large bead and is quite heavy.  The little boots are somewhat vintage looking.  I love the bracelet/ring piece of jewelry!
So this is how she looks out of box.  She's a lovely doll, but her hair seemed heavy with product.
I decided to wash the hair with some shampoo and hot water.  For me, it wasn't enough.  I decided to take her hair down, boil perm it to straighten, and then give it a little trim to even up the ends.
Anyone named "Majesty" must have a throne, right?  But, sadly, it is Autumn and she needs to return to classes to the morning.
It looks like IT has fixed many of their quality control issues of the past few years.  The new dolls are feeling very high quality with many lovely accessories.  The faces and hair seem to be more consistent and the clothing is very well made.  I am looking forward to future releases.

Until then, Majesty Giselle is definitely a doll that demands redress and play time.  She is excellent in just about anything she puts on.

2 comments:

Lisa Neault said...

Thank you so much for showing what her hair looks like restyled, I agree she is a gorgeous doll! This doll really attracted me this year with that Russian style egg purse and those boots. Giselle has become one of my favorite sculpts.

Phyllis said...

She is also one of my favorites too. I haven't restyled her hair, but after seeing your photos, I may have too. I did wash and restyle Riveria Drama Agnes and I like her much better now!