Monday, June 19, 2017

Spinning My Wheels ...

It seems there has been a lot of "going nowhere fast" around here.  The past twelve months have really got in the way of my blogging.  As followers may remember, I changed school districts last summer and had the daunting task of moving 20 years of teaching materials from one school to another.  It was a smart decision, although an expensive one.   Even though I am still teaching a similar curriculum, there was a great deal of logistics to learn.  The system where I work now is very different from my previous employer.

In September, my fur baby "Millie" was diagnosed with heart problems.  We went to a dog cardiologist and started her on a regimen of expensive drugs.  Then over Thanksgiving she was diagnosed with cancer.  She has required much of my time and I wanted to give her the best quality of life I could provide.  Unfortunately, she lost her battle on May 8.  Here is a photo of my little girl when she was healthy.  I miss her terribly.
Since my car accident over the Christmas holiday, I've been battling with the other driver's insurance company.  My knee was injured, but because I have rheumatoid arthritis the insurance company kept claiming pre-existing condition.  We finally settled and have moved forward - I guess it's just a given that bad drivers have bad insurance.

Last year, I missed my annual "doll purge", so I've been trying my best to get back on track.  It hasn't been easy.  I considered selling my vintage Barbie collection.  Unfortunately, when I took out the clothing I decided to try some of it on my Integrity character.

The Royal Weiss saw the clothing and immediately took over for modeling.  She selected the ensemble "Outdoor Art Show"(#1650 1966-1967).
I was surprised the ensemble fit the tall FR body so well.  I decided to try some of these on my earliest versions of each character.  Fete Accompli was the first released issue of character Tatyana Alexandrova (she was the 2008 Integrity Convention gift doll).  She is wearing "Career Girl" (#954 1963-1964).
How about Spectacular Spectacular Eugenia Frost from 2007.  She is wearing "Busy Gal" (#981 1960-1961 Reproduction Version).  I like how her ponytail comes through the little hole in the hat!
I remember how excited I was to finally acquire the first version of Elyse Jolie, Blue Blood, from the 2009 Integrity Toys Convention.   She is modeling a reproduction version of "Easter Parade" (#971 1959).
Next up is one of my very favorite Integrity Dolls, Cosmetic Takeover Natalia from the 2004 Convention.  She is wearing "Crisp 'n Cool" (#1604 1964-1965).  Cosmetic Takeover Natalia is the first issue of the Natalia Fatale character and has been put on a FR2 body!
The vintage clothing is little loose in the bust of the FR2 bodies (just like the regular FR clothing).  The same is probably the case for the NuFace dolls.  I thought I would try something where the top was knit.  How about Costume Drama Giselle, her first issue was a W Club Exclusive in 2007.  She is wearing "Resort Set" (#963 1959-1962).
I love my Victoire Roux dolls and how the vintage clothing is perfect for them.  Here is the first issue of Victoire from the 2011 Integrity Convention Faubourg Saint Honore.  She is wearing "Dinner at Eight" (#946 1963-1964).  Even the shoes fit her tiny little feet.
Let's get Miss Poppy Parker in on the fun.  I believe Summer Magic and Pillow Talk were released first in 2009.  Summer Magic Poppy Parker is wearing "Open Road" (#985 1961-1962).
After all of this work, I decided I couldn't sell my Vintage items ... I'm not even sure I can figure out which dolls to re-home .... those wheels just keep spinning!

7 comments:

Ms. Leo said...

Sorry to hear about your dog! You can never really convey the value of our furry friends. I still see my cat in his favorite spot out of the corner of my eye.

Your dolls look great in the outfits! You have to keep the outfits!

Lisa Neault said...

Personally, I think the vintage Barbie items look stunning on the Fashion Royalty ladies, Victoire and Poppy. They are my go -to when I'm stumped about what to put on my ladies. The Royal Weiss looks magnificent in that dress and hat! So does Poppy and Victoire! Glad you did not get rid of any of your vintage collection. I am sorry to hear about your beloved pet passing, and your car accident. I hope things do get better.

queen said...

sorry for your loss.

your dolls look beautiful in vintage barbie clothes

Phyllis said...

So sorry to hear about the loss of your dog. I know how hard that is! The vintage Barbie clothing looks amazing on your IT dolls! Glad you didn't get rid of them and decided to redress them so that we got to be the beneficiaries of the photos!

I admire your ability to purge your doll collection and keep it too a reasonable size. I am not so good at that!

AG Lanc said...

Sorry for the loss of your dog. They have such distinctive personalities.

Is there any doll you have two of that you could rehome? Perhaps any dolls you haven't made a connection. Please let me know if you decide to sell Second Skin Vanessa.

Carrickters said...

You've really had a difficult time so no wonder you haven't felt like blogging. I'm sorry for the loss of your dog - they are so much part of our families it is hard to lose them (and we never forget them).
The vintage Barbie fashions are gorgeous and it brings back many memories seeing them again.

Jimy said...

nice post