Monday, June 26, 2017

East 59th Street - Part Deux - Ladies Who Lunch

I've not made up my mind about keeping Evelyn Weaverton.  If I do, I'm afraid I may have to put her head on a different body.  This will sound weird, but I think she is "too lovely" to fit in with my Victoire dolls.  With that in mind, I opted to release Constance Madssen.  (I don't have another Victoire with the cream skin tone and I believe she also shares a highly stylized palette.)

Here is what Constance looks like in her box ...
And, again, the accessories were generous.

The shoes for Luxurious Leisure are not plastic like the shoes that came with the other ensembles.  The straw purse reminds me of the purses that used to come with Dressmaker Details ensembles; it is minimal and the little flowers just cheapen it.  The earrings are small loops.  She does have several bracelets, a hat, second set of hands, pack of Marlboro (?) cigarettes, a cigarette holder, red sunglasses, and a red pillow.  I would've liked a ring and necklace to make it feel a little more substantial.

Faubourg, who reigns supreme among my Victoire ladies, decided to welcome her to the clan.
"Constance, darling, welcome to Athens.  I've come to take you shopping and to lunch."

"We're in Greece?  That's fabulous!  I know just the place."

"Not Greece, sweetheart.  Athens, Georgia.  You know, home of the Bulldogs!"

"Well, I guess I am dressed in the right colors then.  Where are we going?"

"Darling, you can't wear that to lunch.  The driver is taking us in to Atlanta today.   ... And please put away that cigarette before you singe my fur!  The human lost her mother to lung cancer and she has been putting dolls on the chopping block left and right!"
"Is this better?"

"Ack!  We're going to Lenox, not Jonesboro!  You'll be in Buckhead!  Please put on something more appropriate ... and don't forget your fur and fascinator!  ...

... Since you are getting undressed, I am very eager to see the revisions in the Victoire body.  I hope you don't mind; I've brought Number Two to compare."

"Number Two?"

"That's what I call her.  She was the second doll int the Victoire series.  See what being the first to arrive does for you.  You will always be Constance!"

"Well ... I hadn't planned on undressing for the camera ... but in the interest of knowledge ..."
"It's wonderful to see that the changes are very subtle.  That means we can all share the same wardrobe.  May I see a view from behind, please?"

"I better be getting more than lunch for this ..."

"Wait until you see our closet!"

"Okay ... now from the side ...."
"I can see the difference in the way the thigh joins the hip.  It may be time for me to invest in a little plastic surgery for myself after seeing how much firmer the tummy appears ...  Now, hurry and get dressed."  (STAIN ALERT:  The red has already lightly stained the thighs and torso!)
"I didn't realize you had such an amazing closet here.  Why do we even need to go shopping?"

"Oh my!  ... And I didn't realize how much you resemble Karen Walker from the television series Will and Grace.

"Wait for me!"  Number Two yells from off stage.

"Does she have to go, too?  I am just getting the hang of all of this ..."  Constance is already beginning to develop into her true divalicious self.

"Well she did take off her clothes and show her bits."

"I'm not going to wait for her to redress.  I bet she's not ready."

"Number Two never makes mistakes when we go out.  Just wait and see."
"I told you.; Number Two is always on point!  Ready girls?  Buckhead awaits!"

.... I hope someone else is paying ... I wasn't packed with lunch money ....




4 comments:

Jewell said...

As a fellow Georgian, that Greece comment had me laughing out loud. Pity about the staining. That's going to be bad for folks who wait to debox and redress.

Phyllis said...

These ladies all look very stylish. Love the conversation between them and that "Number Two" was ready in a jiffy to go to lunch!

Anonymous said...

This has been so interesting to read. Love your posts.

:)

Meloni Shermiane said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.