Saturday, March 29, 2014

Color Infusion Style Lab

The only doll convention I've yet to attend was the 2012 Integrity Tropicalia Convention in Orlando, Florida.  Hopefully, I will get to attend this year's convention, since it will be held in Orlando again.

At the 2012 Integrity Convention, they introduced a new Style Lab which featured new molds and new body types.  The female body that was utilized is the same as the "Jem and the Holograms" line.  It is similar to the FR2 body, without the hip joint.  The feet are surprisingly bigger though.
Although a lovely body, it is stressful when you are trying to limit the different lines you collect and your doll manufacturer keeps introducing new bodies.  I returned from the 2012 convention with 9 female dolls from the Color Infusion line, but wound up selling 7 of them over the past two years.  My favorite, "Style C", was difficult to part with.

I didn't go to the Spring Doll Show here in Atlanta today.  I decided I had too much at home to organize, debox, and/or sell.  With that in mind, I decided to finally make a decision about this doll.  I had an extra FR2 body here, so the heating pad got a workout.
Fortunately her head fit the FR2 neck knob.  I did notice that the mold is a tad big larger than other heads in the regular FR or FR2 lines, but I think she is still very lovely and doesn't look too out of place.  I haven't a clue what to call her.  "Style C" just won't cut it!  Personally, I've always felt like she looked like a platinum Sandra Bullock.

What do you think?



1 comment:

Vanessa said...

She's pretty. At first I didn't see Sandra at all, but I can see it in the eye area.

I didn't go to the doll show today, either. I had already spent my dolly budget on all the online sales this month. Of course I've been wondering if I missed something spectacular. I still have so many items from previous shows that haven't been used yet.