Saturday, August 31, 2024

Collecting Cycle 2024 - Catching Up With Integrity #21, #22, #23

It is fair to say that David Buttry is one of the most creative people in the doll collecting community.  He has been the head designer for the Integrity Toys Poppy Parker line for 15 years now.  One would think this line would grow stale and repetitious, but somehow David has managed to keep it vibrant and exciting.  Poppy Parker has been the obvious "work horse" line for Integrity Toys since COVID in 2020.  

In 2012, Integrity Toys presented Poppy Parker as Audrey Hepburn from the movie Sabrina.  These dolls were very popular at the time and have become impossible to find on secondary market.  David decided to resurrect the screening from Sabrina Poppy for last year's W Club Exclusive When in Paris.  Here is the promo photo from Integrity Toys.


And here is a closeup.  What a lovely face.  I find it near impossible to pass up any giftset offered by this manufacturer.   Collecting Cycle 2024 Number 21 is When In Paris Poppy Parker.


IT collectors often gravitate to specific lines or molds/characters.  I have always had a goal to keep at least one version of each mold.  Unfortunately, there are a couple molds/characters that appeal to me less than others.  I have owned several versions of Luchia Zadra (mold 2.0), but they all seem to have moved on to other homes.  When IT promoted the "New Closeup" mini collection in 2022, I just couldn't help worrying about foreheads, hairlines, eye screenings, etc.  I passed on both initially, but I have managed to add them to my collection from secondary market at great prices.

Collecting Cycle 2024 Number 22 is Dusk in Bloom Luchia Zadra (mold 2.0).  Collectors generally agree she looks a lot like model Cindy Crawford.  I may even add a small mole above her lip.  Her hair is very luxurious and soft.  I'm glad I found such great production version.

As I mentioned earlier, some collectors have a soft spot (or multiple soft spots) for certain molds/characters.   The next Integrity Toys doll added to my collection was the only W Club upgrade doll I purchased this year.   I may not have purchased her if it was any other mold, but I find it very difficult to resist Rayna Ahmadi.  I own every version of gorgeous character.   

Collecting Cycle 2024 Number 23 is Sweet Retreat Rayna Ahmadi.


I apologize for not providing deboxed reviews of these lovely dolls, but I've been dealing with a lot time consuming issues with my husband's health.  Fortunately, he is finally on the mend and I had time to take some quick photos in the box.  I think these dolls represent what we've come to expect from Integrity Toys.  I hope their quality control in back on the upswing and this trend continues.  



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to drop by to see how you've been doing. I hope you are doing well, and especially, your husband is doing better. I might sent you a private message "someday" through W club if you don't mind. I've got some questions about your dolls (not for buying or selling related).