Saturday, May 25, 2024

Collecting Cycle 2024 - Poppy Palooza #12, #13, #14, and #15

No matter what is going on in the world, David Butry always seems to find a way to deliver Poppy Parker and her friends.  Even though I may not be a fan of all versions of this doll, I am not immune to her demure seduction.  My first Poppy, all the way back to 2009's year of launch, was Summer Magic .  I still have Summer Magic and she has a permanent place in my collection since she is the closest doll to a Mini-me ever created.

One of my very favorite doll lines is Integrity Toys Misaki.  They captured my heart way back in 2006.  Although some of these have come and gone, there are several of them that remain.  Three of the best versions of Misaki dolls are from a mod 2006 mini-collection.  Each had an edition size of only 300.  They are a treasured part of my doll collection, so you cannot imagine how excited I got about the 2023 Poppy Parker Neutral Code Collection!

These dolls made their way into collectors' hands earlier this year.  Although I've not released mine from their boxes yet (since I am still in the middle of boxing my collection for a move), I wanted to share production photos of these wonderful versions.

The first doll I was able to secure at retail price ($165) from a favored retail doll shop, The Doll Peddlar.  She was a "no-brainer" choice since David used the "Hold That Tiger" screening.  Hold That Tiger Poppy Parker is one of my Top 10 all-time favorites.  Here is the Integrity Toys promo photo:

And here is a production closeup in the box.  Just a very lovely pale blonde girl!

Collecting Cycle 2024 #12 is Integrity Toys Checkmates Poppy Parker.

The next doll was offered through a W Club lottery.  I was so excited to have my lottery number selected to purchase this mini-giftset at retail price ($165).  Here is the promo photo of Chain Reaction Ginger Gilroy.


And here is a production closeup in the box.  We don't get dolls with freckles often, so it is so much fun when one shows up!

Doesn't she remind you of 2006 Get Graphic Misaki?  They will look so great displayed together!  



Collecting Cycle 2024 #13 is Integrity Toys Chain Reaction Ginger Gilroy.

Unfortunately, my lottery number wasn't selected for the next doll, but I was able to acquire directly from a dealer at reasonable mark-up.  (I have an aversion to paying secondary market prices to collectors that scalp these dolls, so I always check online dealers first)  Here is Integrity Toys promo for Travel Togs Poppy Parker.

This doll's burgundy hair and ensemble are irresistible and she quickly climbed in price on the secondary market.  

She was so worth the extra cash I had to spend to add her to my collection.  Collecting Cycle 2024 #14 is Integrity Toys Travel Togs Poppy Parker.  

The last doll in this collection hadn't made her way into my collection when I started this blog entry.  Here is the Integrity Toys promo photo of Op Art Opening Jolie James.  

I didn't order this doll because she reminded me a great deal of Mattel's 2008 Pop Life Barbie (I still have this doll!).   Another personal concern is that the screening on Op Art Opening Jolie James lends itself to dolls looking like they are cross-eyed.



I have been watching secondary market for a great example at a good price, and finally found one at a small markup.  

Collecting Cycle 2024 #15 is Op Art Opening Jolie James.

This is a group of Poppy Parker girls that deserve to be kept together and displayed as a unit.  I am blessed to have been able to add the four of them to collection at a great price.

2 comments:

Janell H. said...

David really knocked it out of the park with this quartet. I am still pinching myself that I was able to collect them all, as well!

Ani B. said...

Hi there! I just found your blog trying to learn about some dolls I have in my possession. One of the dolls I have is the Fashion Royalty Saks 5th Ave Agnes doll and I saw that you wrote it was one of your grail dolls. It's in unopened new condition. I was wondering if you were interested in possibly purchasing it from me. I'm not quite knowledgeable about the doll world, a friend gave me this doll and I'm trying to save for college. I thought it might be nice for it to go to someone passionate about collecting like yourself! I hope this doesn't come off too forward. I would list it on eBay if you were interested. Best wishes, Ani B.