Friday, June 2, 2023

Desperately Chasing My Own Tail ... Collection Cycle 2023 #7, #8, #9, and #10

If receiving six dolls in one shipment from Integrity Toys (IT) the first week of January wasn't enough to make this collector a might bit nervous, then imagine how I felt when a box arrived the following week from Jamieshow Muses with four dolls, four ensembles, and two accessory packs!  As any doll collector knows, it was a feeling of elation!  LOL!

If you've been following my blog over the past few years, you know I've become quite smitten by the Jamieshow Muses/Owensu line of dolls.  These dolls are not cheap - by any definition of the word "cheap".   Jamieshow releases two complete capsule each year with dolls produced to order, which causes them to be shipped approximately six months later.  The dolls are made from a patented resin material that is durable, substantial, and beautiful.  They are ball jointed dolls that utilize a stringing method which allows the joints greater flexibility for posing.  Each doll is hand painted and their bodies are hand blushed.   The tops of their heads are held in place with magnets which allows you to change out wigs on a whim.  (Wigs average in cost from $30 - $45 usually.)   

Last year, I purchased my first male Jamieshow Muses, Dangerous Love Orlando.  He even showed up as Number 9 in my Best of 2022 countdown.  Here is the link to that: Best of 2022 - Number 9 - Jamieshow Muses Dangerous Love Orlando .

When Jamieshow Muses/Owensu announced their Bonjour Paris line last year, I knew it was time to get Orlando a friend.  Here is the promo photo for the Bonjour Paris line by Jamieshow.


I was so eager to open the box and take out Michael.  He is quite handsome!  Here is a closeup photo of him right out of the box.

Look at all those bulging muscles.  The body blushing on him is quite wonderful.  Here he is redressed out for a ride on his vintage bike.  The girls have gone crazy for him!  I'm sure you can see why.  (By the way, I haven't told my husband but Bonjour Paris Michael has a very uncanny resemblance to my college boyfriend that I almost married!)

I had a great deal of difficulty narrowing down my choices from the three girls.  In the end, I just got all three!  First up is the one that I added last to my cart.  This is Anya in her stock wig and ensemble.  (I added a plastic Barbie hairbow to pull her hair back so you could see her dramatic faceup.)


She looks great a blonde also.  Here she is wearing one of the Integrity Toys Versace dresses from the Supermodel Convention.


My second favorite and the one that turned out to be one of my favorite dolls ever produced by Jamieshow is Eileen.  Here is her photo.

She redresses so well and looks so good in many different wig colors and styles.


There was no way I wasn't going to buy Sabina.  She is also a very versatile model.  Here is her photo out of box with a closeup of this wonderful face wearing her original wig.

I put an Integrity Toys Mini Avant Gard wig on her while she had on her original ensemble.

She has been so fun to redress!  She can either be casual ...

or more formal ...


As you can see, the versatility of these dolls is amazing.  Just a quick wig switch and you have an entirely different looking doll.  As I mentioned earlier, they are more expensive than Integrity Toys dolls, almost three times the price, but the play value is exponentially greater.   

So we were in the middle of January.  I was supposed to be resetting my collecting clock for 2023, starting at 0 Additions and 0 Sales.  Instead, I find myself redressing and photographing 10 new dolls added to my collection from only two shipments.  I hadn't even started sorting or photographing dolls to sell yet.  I was in over my head and was beginning to feel like hyperventilating.  And the month of January wasn't even over yet.

But the bliss of new dolls!  The bliss of new dolls makes it all worth it!







 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So pretty I would love to see a picture of all your dolls, it would be like Alice in Wonderland I feel there would be too many goodies to see and I would probably feel mesmerized. Great to see you back posting. Will you be adding any of the IT conventions dolls for this year? And what about the Jason Wu poppies did you get one? What are your thought on them?