Thursday, June 9, 2022

Collection Cycle 2022 - Like A Phoenix Rising From The Ashes

After the hair disaster I experienced with Fall 2020 Elyse Jolie, I was not looking forward to Glamour Coated Elyse, a W Club Lottery doll from 2021.   This doll had an edition size of 1500.  Here is the promo photo by Integrity Toys (IT).  There is a A LOT going on with this ensemble.  As a matter of fact,  I entered the lottery at the last minute because I wanted the ensemble.   Not the ensemble as presented, but the pieces that were used to create the ensemble.  

Here is the IT photo of the accessories.   


As you can see, IT is beginning to up its game relative to purses.  I'm also very happy to see them creatively exploring other options for jewelry instead of reusing the same choices.  The shoes are quite interesting and unique as are the mint green gloved hands.

This doll arrived recently, and I was very nervous about opening the box.  Here is a closeup of the doll I received.

WOW!  Look at those eyes and the shade of red lips!  Even though this is described as "Japan" skin tone, it is much less gray and more luminescent.  This is one beautiful version of Elyse!  And a full length shot ...

I didn't realize there was a random pattern to this skirt!  I thought my favorite part of this ensemble was going to the swing coat/car coat, but I've said for years that IT should produce more knitwear.  That sweater is just amazing!  Here is a closeup out of box.  (I had to apply some Got 2 B Glued to get her hair to stay down, but I like it better out of her face.  It didn't require a lot of product and it set easily.)

Now let's have some redress fun, shall we?

Let's start with the sweater and maybe the pants from Wild Feeling Rayna Ahmadi (2020).  The shoes are also Rayna's, but the purse is one of those little "Mini" blind ball purchases.  I changed out the earrings also.

Since I had out Wild Feeling Rayna's ensemble, let's try the skirt.  Not bad.  It appears this sweater will get quite a bit of redress opportunities.

Now for the skirt.  Let's try pairing that with Fresh Perspective Agnes's top (2019).  We'll add a shrug from the Jamieshow Muses collection and the shoes from The Faces of Adele.  I can get on board with this.  I mean if you are going to look naked, you might as well look truly naked, right?!   

That car coat needed something different, maybe a sheath.  I've been waiting a long time to take this ensemble apart from the 2007 Kyori Sato A Brighter Side.

This just screamed East 59th Street to me, so Lady Aurelia Grey offered to model it.

Again, this is another piece that will get a lot of camera opportunity.  There are so many mix n match possibilities with this ensemble, but the true star is this version of Elyse Jolie.  After the previous two versions, it's fair to say that she is like a phoenix rising from the ashes.  Number 19 of 2022 is Glamour Coated Elyse Jolie and I couldn't be more pleased with her.








2 comments:

SLTX said...

Wow! I may be now enticed to keep my Elyse. I really only bought her for the ensemble, but you've got her modeling some great clothing pieces. I don't have the same pieces, but plenty of others! Her redressing possibilities are endless!

Rea said...

I got this Elyse but by accident. It was a spur of the moment thing and I do not regret it. Her ensemble is the best design I have seen in a while, my Vanessa was quick to claim it and it suits her so much. I redressed Elyse in the suit that came in Violaine set a while back and the red/black complements her so well. I am not a big Elyse fan but I may have become one after this release.